Friday, April 17, 2009

Meet Me In Montana


I have back from Montana for two weeks and am just finding the time to recap. Having a job sure gets in the way of my Leigh Leigh Land Communication. Ugh. Even though some time has passed and the trip is over...it is certainly not forgotten.

This particular Montana trip was an annual college girl's reunion trip. Not my college girl's, but the W&L college girls. But because I am the (self-proclaimed) "Captain of Fun" I've finagled myself a spot on this traditional trip.

The trip has traditionally been a girls trip, but this year we opted for boys aka the husbands of the two married girls. We only ended up with Andy thanks to a forced reschedule of the trip. You see, we had originally planned this trip for January (Yanuwar to some) but thanks to a burst pipe in the house we were forced to postpone to April. In doing so, we lost David, so Jenn had to represent the Coon family on her own.

We all departed from our respective homes scattered throughout the US...New Orleans, Austin, Charlottesville, and Richmond...with plans of arriving in Montana on the first of April. April Fools....the Daters were delayed, missed their connection, and had to spend the night in Denver...so they didn't arrive until April 2nd. Again...we wouldn't let this get us down. (Also note, that Alicia's bag didn't make it until April 2nd either.)

That first night, while we were sans Callie and Andy, we hit the grocery store, got settled in the house, and cooked up a great meal. As always we immediately fall into our usual roles and catch up over many a bottle of great wine. That night the snow fell heavily and we awoke to a winter wonderland. What a treat.




Day 2...first priority was to head to our favorite brunch spot...Echo Lake Cafe. I don't know what it is about this little place, but I long for it. They make killer homemade soups and I have dreams about their spanish omelet. But whatever the order, you know it's gonna be good.




As we finished up our meal, the Daters arrived in one piece and with their luggage in tow. After lunch we headed into town to hit the liquor store....I mean you gotta have priorities. After walking the town of Bigfork (which incidentally isn't very big at all) we headed back to the house to fish, rest, relax, and just generally kick it. Dinner that night was out on the town at Showthyme...which is typically a favorite, but seems to have gone a bit down hill. Oh well, once again our spirits were not dampened....even if my pants were. After dinner it was back to the house for a mean game of Texas Hold 'Em...which I am proud to say I have come a long way!!!!


Friday...Day 3,,,was our day off. I don't think I got out of my pjs until happy hour. Now that's a good day. Ash warmed us up with homemade tortilla soup and quesadillas. Andy donned his waders and gear and took to the Swan River to throw a few dry flies (except they weren't dry at all, but I like the way that sounds better than "nymphing").

That night Ash once again treated us to her delicious fare. We snacked on crack balls for appitizers and then enjoyed tenderloin with a port sauce reduction, her famous twice-baked potatoes (which I think are THE best in the world), and roasted asparagus.

Saturday the sun was out and the snow was melting. The weather made for a great day to head to Whitefish...about 30 minutes north of Bigfork, so we piled in the car and hit the road. We shopped the town and had lunch at LuLu's...who might very well have the best pies ever. I had huckleberry. You don't even know!!!
After the day trip, we headed back to the house, cleaned ourselves up and headed to Bigfork for dinner at Invite. Invite opened a couple of summers ago and hasn't let us down yet. You start with a Huckleberry martini...this will set the mood and tickle your taste buds. You move on to fried cheese curds and venision carpaccio for appetizers. Dinner could be the Char Grilled Elk Chop red currant and sage pinot noir sauce + butternut squash risotto. Or the my favorite....the Cedar Planked Sea Scallops bleu cheese crust + pomegranate cherry reduction + corn bacon risotto. Or....the pheasant, the bison short ribs, etc, etc, etc. Delicious! Dessert was a couple of bottles of bubbly....Jacob's Creek Sparkling Chardonnay/Pinot...which is a fabulous Australian sparkling wine!

After Invite we ended our trip at the Roadhouse....our favorite road side bar in Montana. The cast of characters never disappoints although we have yet to have another Sassy run-in. This particular night at the Roadhouse it was karaoke night. Not my first karaoke night at the Roadhouse and hopefully not my last. As you know, I'm no stranger to the stage, but a typical karaoke night at Ego's in Austin might get you on stage once or twice. At the Roadhouse it's a different story....I made at least six solo performances and a couple of duets with Alicia. A very successful night!

Sadly we all parted ways on Sunday heading back to the real world. Another reunion trip down....hopefully many more to come. Of course we planned out the trips for the next few years...the Outer Banks, Napa, and more. Always an adventure with this group. Once a year is just not enough, but will have to do for now. Until next time girls (and Andy).


Before signing off, I will leave you with the infamous quote list from the trip.

It’s where I first learned I wasn't a rapper. - Leigh
I want to wear the khaki pants and carry a whip. - Leigh
What happened to the days when a vagina was just a vagina? - Leigh
I wish the Mormon's would wear a scarlet M so I know who they are. - Leigh
Speaking of creepy....I got sexually assaulted on Monday. - Alicia
...I paralyzed his ass. - Alicia
All I need is a blender, a microwave, and an oven. - Terri Jenn
He came in my bathroom, shut the door, and did weird things to me. - Alicia
Alright I need one of you Terry’s to help me with wood. - Ash
Winter is a bitch up here. - Ash
Not only did we not get wood but I broke a nail. - Ash
I used to not need anything, but now that I have something expiring inside me.... - Alicia
That felt creepy. - Alicia
I was Gilligan to her Skipper. - Jenn
But when the sun goes down and the liquor starts flowing... - Alicia
Will anyone else drink Bourbon? - Andy .... I will...during the day. - Callie
You haven't felt me up this trip. - Leigh to Alicia
It’s harder to get drunk simultaneously than it is to climax together. - Jenn
What do you want to talk about? - Ash ... Not panties. - Andy
..with modern travel... - Andy
I want a big nut. - Callie
Bacon bits and walnut chips. - Callie
SEX! - Ash
I like that her pants were unbuttoned. - Leigh
So if I didn't talk would y’all just not say anything? - Leigh
I think you're being a little self important over there. - Alicia
I like to use my hands. - Leigh
Would YOU order that? - Leigh
That's the only Jonas Brother I would date. - Andy
Have you ever caressed a placenta? - Jenn
Don't fuck the fucker. - Leigh
Jenn... Little Dripping Bear. - Callie
It’s not ribbed for my pleasure....its ribbed for my pain. - Jenn
She's got her paws in a lot of stew! - Jenn
I like a good caper....both in my salad and on the big screen. - Leigh
He was nice...for a KA. - Andy
I wouldn't let him anywhere near my vagina. - Jenn
You can get Montana caviar. - Jenn ... Isn't that Moose Balls? - Callie
I have issues with beef photography. - Jenn
There's a level of drinking I'm not satisfied with. - Leigh
I don't have a particularly wide hole. - Jenn
…With your money issues. - Alicia
You're killing all our dreams
I didn't know you had small orifices. - Alicia
I don't set many goals for myself. - Callie
I don't want to know about the strength of your vaginal walls. - Leigh
If you wrap that around a poop it would be good. - Andy
I feel like I have to get on the bar for this song. - Jenn
Put some meat on that boy and he's the one. - Leigh
I like some canned asparagus with Miracle Whip. That's the Mississippi redneck in me. - Callie
His masters in midgets. - Callie
Are you sure its a penis and not a tail? - Ash
I'm gonna pee in your face. - Leigh
Stop seducing me with your eyes. - Alicia to Leigh
I'll never look at turtle genitalia the same. - Jenn
I don't do public access. - Jenn
How do you spell genitalia? - Leigh
Yeah...we need to put you on someone. - Ash
Do you all need help? - Whitefish Store Lady
Is that your ass? - Andy
You don't stick it to your tenders. - Jenn
That moose and I got intimate. - Leigh
Look at those milk veins. - Andy
Puss Patch
Look... he has a bigger harem than you do. - Invite rivals
We drink a lot....its just fun. - Invite rivals
What do you call that towel....the one by your bed? - Leigh
Dickerchief. - Andy
Mini muffs are good. - Andy
Callie and I got jiggie with the carcasses. - Jenn
There are no rules just fun. - KJ @ The Roadhouse
Yeah....we're in the Twilight Zone. - Andy
I changed my mind....she's a girl. - Andy
It felt weird to go to bed with you last night. - Leigh
Cause usually there's a big production when you pull it out of your breast. - Ash
I talked to this weird guy at the bar with no teeth. - Leigh

Click here to see more of my pics from Montana.

Click here to see Alicia's pics from Montana.

Click here to read Jenn's recap on our Montana antics.

Click here to see Jenn's pics from the trip.

3 comments:

Callie said...

You made it feel like it was only yesterday. Great list! Off to set a goal or two...

Jennifer said...

The inappropriateness is even more glaring in the light of day! Thanks for an excellent re-cap and quote list for the archives.

Unknown said...

Don't worry about taking your time to recap...I just finished unpacking my suitcase a few minutes ago.