
As usual, I'm a day (or 4) late and a dollar (or a thousand) late....but I think I'll continue the National Rum Day celebration well past it's intended day and on into my weekend.
Last Sunday, August 16th was National Rum Day. Heck, everyone/thing else gets a day...why not rum?!?! I've never been a monster rum fan, but have fallen in love with a particular rum concoction over the past few years....the mojito.
Tonight is our monthly Sushi & Champagne night, so the rum filled mojito will have to wait, but fear not my friends....I will partake in a refreshing mojito this weekend upon my arrival in Montana.

Last year we "invented" the huckleberry mojito. Delish! Huckleberries are native to Montana and taste (to me) like a cross between a blueberry and a cranberry and a raspberry. Since Montana is filled with huckleberry ice cream...pancakes...fudge...you name it...we thought might as well make a huckleberry mojito. And in fact we did. Below are Ash and Kirk enjoying a couple of them on the back porch.

Bacardi has the classic mojito recipe on its website as well as some fun new ones. I'm partial to our huckleberry flavor....maybe we'll make it famous.
From one pirate to another....yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
No comments:
Post a Comment