...or in my case white (as in a white shirt - - -and yes, I am wearing one today). For reasons I cannot explain, I decided to revisit the old blog again today. I am not here to make empty promises, but I just thought it was time to dust the cobwebs off and talk about me. After all, that is my favorite pastime.
So...what's new with me you ask? Well, technically you didn't ask...and since that's never stopped me before here's a quick update on what's been going on in Leigh Leigh Land.
- I left my old job at Mobile Loaves & Fishes at the end of February after having been there for almost 4.5 years. Non-profit years are like dog years, so really I was there for about 31.5...let's just say I was tired of the fundraising scene. On to the next chapter.
- I started my new job at Austin 360 Roofing on March 1st as their Business Development Manager. I'm basically the Sales opener. Need a new roof or a repair? I'm your girl. Commercial, residential, multi-family...you name it. Primarily Central Texas, but we'll go all over the state if the job is right. I sold my first roof last week and they are completing the job today. Shout out to Sara Bell for the lead! She got "Friend of the Day" because of it. Just give me a lead or buy a new roof if you'd like to nominate yourself for FOD. It's easy and the rewards are numerous.
- I saw Randy Rogers at the Austin Rodeo
- I saw Phantom of the Opera
- We've visited Ego's a few times...although not near as often as you'd think. I've taken to the stage with a few new faves: Madonna's Crazy For You (thanks to 80s Prom theme night), REO Speedwagon's Take It On The Run, and Billy Joel's Only The Good Die Young.
- Alicia, one of The Three Amigis (yes, intention type-o there), moved in next door to me at Lexington Place. LP is shaping up nicely. We've (and I mean she's) added some nice rocking chairs (with cup holders) and a fire-pit which you will hear lots of more about in the blogs to come.
- Been to New Orleans with the old gang from W&L. Enjoyed the food, the drink, the fellowship, and jumping on the Who Dat bandwagon.
- Had the Edgar family up from Dallas for Perry's first visit to Austin. And as Perry said to her mom..."Remember when we were in Austin?! We were so happy!"
- Of course, there was New Year's at the Ranch where Alicia and I paid up on bets lost and shot Hollywood (well practically).
- Christmas was in Dallas with the fam. A White Christmas at that.
- December was full of its usual holiday fetes. Old School Holiday Party, Silent Night? Not Tonight! Christmas Party, Sushi & Champagne Christmas Party, A College Christmas in the Fort, and more.
- The fall included Alicia's welcome to Austin aka "Terry Does Tarrytown", seeing Randy Rogers at Nutty Brown Cafe, Mock-Mock Thanksgiving in Austin, the Daters visiting from NOLA, and my birthday trip to Santa Fe with my momma.
I'm sure I'm leaving a bunch of things out, but that's the Reader's Digest version. I plan (notice I didn't use the word "promise") to revisit some of the above in future blogs as there are great pics and great quotes to reminisces over. Consider yourselves warned.
PS: you can always catch up by visiting my Phanfare site.



1 comment:
Roof! Roof! good going on that sale.
glad you are back to the blog!
Post a Comment