There is just something about the first and last night's of a trip. You blow it up big on your first night fueled primarily by excitement and anticipation...and the bloody marys on the plane never hurt. But we tend to blow it up big on the back end of the trip as well. The energy behind this comes solely from the impending doom that is hoovering closer and closer to us. So to battle these demons we must trudge on....nothing could stop us from having "a good good night" on Saturday night.
The Roadhouse was our first gig on our farewell tour. And once again the Roadhouse did not disappoint (although McCreedy did disappoint, by not showing up). Many of the same characters were there, but some new faces were out on the town that night...like the Redheaded Stranger, Dewayne, Bob the Builder, and Mellow Yellow.
I immediately took to the stage and belted out a few good ones, only to be ridiculed on my last performance of the night. Haven't I learned anything over these past few years....that the Roadhouse is "where I discovered I wasn't a rapper"...but the adrenalin got to me (or maybe it was those generous vodka sodas) and I committed to performing 50 Cent's Lil' Bit. Thank goodness for the local talent, who swooped into help salvage our less than pristine reputations in this town.

Saturday night;s at the Roadhouse for karaoke are my home
away from hom (I mean Ego's). Love The Roadhouse KJ - Jodi

The originals!

Some of our new local frends: The Redheaded Stranger,
Bob the Builder, and Dewayne
From the Roadhouse, we got off track a bit by heading back into Bigfork and on to the Garden Bar...where we entered what seemed like a fraternity party. The young whippersnappers were out in force. Our fishing guide, Eric had lured us (no pun intended) under false pretenses.....that we would get to see our other backup guide, Andy. Alas, it was only Eric. We stayed for a few drinks anyway, and ultimatley parted ways wiith Eric until next year's trip (or sooner if we're lucky). We all herded ourselves back to the house for some late night snacking, a little porch time, and some more fun!
And there you have it. All of our fun wrapped up into a few blog entries. I think we did Fergie and the Peas proud as we lived out their song, "I Gotta Feelin" as the theme song of our trip. (Well that and the "Show Me Your Genitals" song, but it just didn't seem fitting...at least for this trip. I feel confident it will be appropriate one of these days.) Until then...Mazel tov!



No comments:
Post a Comment