It's been a long time since we have spoken, so rather than diving back in I thought I channel my pal Vince and play a little game called "Just The Tip." .
Maybe we should start with re-introductions. My name is Leigh. I am the Mayor of Leigh Leigh Land and also the (self-proclaimed) "Captain of Fun" and here's a little about what I think makes me so...
Eats: cheese enchiladas, guacamole, shrimp, Uchi, blue cheese, chocolate chip cookie dough, gumbo
Drinks: Tito’s, red wine, champagne, iced tea, Fresca, Evian, Coors Light
Shops: Neiman’s, antique stores, book stores, stationary stores, shoe stores
Travel: The Ranch, New Orleans, Montana, Vegas, Paris, Santa Fe, The beach, Chicago, NYC
For fun: karaoke, movies, music (especially country), concerts, themey outfits, horoscopes, cooking shows, movie quotes, get-to-know-you games, the pool, pictures, cookbooks, decorating, jeep riding, and playlists
Movies: Glory, Top Gun, Bottle Rocket, A Knight's Tale, The Departed, Planes Trains and Automobiles, About A Boy, Honeymoon in Vegas, St. Elmo's Fire, The Big Chill, Hoosiers, The Natural, A Few Good Men, The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas, Wedding Crashers, The Sound of Music, Rounders, Wimbledon, Shakespeare In Love...just to name a few.
Tunes: Barry Manilow, Randy Rogers Band, Neil Diamond, Waylon, Willie, Johnny Cash, George, Slaid Cleeves, Taylor Swift, Glee, Robert Earl, REO Speedwagon, Led Zeppelin, Kenny Chesney, Showtunes...just to name a few.
Couture: shoes, cowboy boots, monograms, sunglasses, jeans, white shirts, wraps, turquoise jewelry, John Hardy, high heels
Grumbles: mornings, biting my nails, sweating, being late, messes, zits, bad service, Subway, Brighton, traffic
So, that's me...in a nutshell. But if you are reading this, you probably already know these things. Really it's just another opportunity for me to talk about me, which as you know...is my favorite thing to do.
In full disclosure, one of my New Year's resolutions was to blog again. It's true, I lost my will to blog last year. I played several games of "Just The Tip", but it never took. I'm only about 20 days into this first month of 2011, so it's not all that terrible. So the goal is to blog....I know, I know...you've heard me say that before but you gottta start somewhere. I won't make empty promises, but I'd like to get back on the bandwagon. It is my hope that I do not disappoint all of my loyal readers...even if there are only 5 of you.
Until tomorrow...or let's be honest, whenever.

3 comments:
January 20 is the new January 1st. I am glad to see LeighLeigh Land back in action!
I had to start somewhere! Hopefully the inspiration will continue.
welcome back. I watched wedding crashers last night and was cracking up at that scene. Il.l keep checking to see whats to come
Post a Comment