Well folks we made it. Made it through another election with grueling television ads and seemingly endless evaluations and predictions from pundits across the US. It was an incredibly long election but was indeed filled with historic significance and momentous change. But to focus on that seems so common and so anti-Leigh Leigh Land, so I thought I'd go another route and focus on two other observations that cannot go unsaid...one hit and one miss.
Let's start with the miss...
Michelle Obama has really missed the boat on her election night dress. The dress, from Narciso Rodriguez's Spring 2009 line, was a terrible selection in my book. Here's what the runway dress looked like. First of all it was just downright unflattering....and she has a really great figure. Second of all it was kind of a funky dress and she paired it with a matronly cardigan and not that great of a shoe. While all eyes were technically on her husband, I think the world took a gasp as she and their two daughters joined him on stage. Truth be told...I expected much more from her.
Let's start with the miss...
Michelle Obama has really missed the boat on her election night dress. The dress, from Narciso Rodriguez's Spring 2009 line, was a terrible selection in my book. Here's what the runway dress looked like. First of all it was just downright unflattering....and she has a really great figure. Second of all it was kind of a funky dress and she paired it with a matronly cardigan and not that great of a shoe. While all eyes were technically on her husband, I think the world took a gasp as she and their two daughters joined him on stage. Truth be told...I expected much more from her.

And now the hit...
Is little Luke Russert the most darling little politcal reporter you've ever seen. Yes, the election was not quite the same without Tim Russert with us, but I'm so pleased to see his son contribute in his own unique way. Luke was a correspond ant for NBC news last night and reported from Indiana University. He had a great presence, knew his stuff, and was just downright adorable.
The good news on both the hit and the miss is that we haven't seen the last of either of these two. I feel confident Michelle Obama will redeem herself amongst fashion police everywhere and I anxiously await her Inaugural Ball gown choice. And let's hope we haven't seen the last of that cute, darling Luke Russert. Do you think he's too young for me?
No comments:
Post a Comment