Sunday, December 14, 2008

Turtlenecks and Toddies

I know, I know....I've been quite the slacker on the old blog these past few weeks. My excuse list is long....busy at work, busy at play, uninspired, and just plain tired. But, I'm back with a weekend recap in true Leigh Leigh Land style. Here goes...

Saturday was once again road trip time for Ash and I. This time with less than the usual amount of accouterments. We headed north to Fort Worth for one of our favorite annual Christmas parties. The Wordens were this year's gracious hosts and their home provided the perfect backdrop for an festive evening gown awry.


This year's theme "Turtleneck and Toddies" did not let us down....even if some of the less than themey outfits did (you know who you are). Some made up for their lack of theme participation by "kicking off their Sunday shoes" and popping a few buttons a long the way. You can thank Justin Askins for bringing the crowd to tears...of laughter that is. Katy Perry's Hot and Cold proved to be the anthem of the night with encore performances by the Hatfields and Jonses.

While there were several guests sans turtleneck (and one sans undies that we know of), there were a few outstanding turtleneck awards. Here are my pics...

Best "ho"made turtlenecks
went to the Tadlocks...
with special points added for the use of "toot clouds"



Best noise making turtlenecks
go to Robyn, Leigh, Charlotte and Keri



Best impersonation turtleneck
goes to Dak Hatfield as the TCU Football Coach

Best 3D turtleneck
goes to Cory Emerson
(shown here with Ash)

Best JC Penny ad turtleneck
goes to Michael Moore


But finally, my award for best turtleneck of the night
goes to Kirk French who donned
a woman's red Christmas print turtleneck



Unfortunately the afore mentioned Footloose performance by Justin Askins did not make it on film, but there were a few still pics taken....however they don't even come close to doing it justice. Whether it was the fact that he was "jello shotted" or drugged, I'll describe the performance in the words of the performer himself and just say he "nailed it."


Fortunately my other favorite dance performance of the night was caught on tape. This purple clad ensemble cast will now perform Katy Perry's Hot and Cold for you. I have to admit I'm particularly partial to Dak's skipping moves in this one.



So what was the recipe for this perfect party you ask? Well here are a few key ingredients....

1 part Dolly Llama
3 tablespoons (not cups) of sugar
1 vat of Chicken E tenders
1 pint of Chuy's crack
1 host who can't help it if she likes to party
3 iPod players and speakers
1 back porch
assorted turtlenecks
1 empty yard next door to throw miscellaneous shrapnel after use
2 open windows to help give the Worden's house that lovely bar room smell
4 listens to Hot and Cold
1 guy who's name is not Todd
1 dz "riff raff"
and 30 great friends!
Mix all ingredients well and serve chilled.

For more of the fun check out my pictures from the night. I'd like to take this time to thank my understudy photographers for the evening....Dak and Robyn Hatfield.

And finally...just a brief sampling of what was overheard at Turtlenecks and Toddies.

"It doesn't hurt as long as I get it up now and then." - Brett
"I don't think you were going down as far." - Gennie
"It's starting to dig into my nutsack." - Dak
"Oh my God I can't even find my panties." - Jane
"Go take your pants off." - Cory
"He trimmed up his goods." - Kirk
"I feel your head hurting already." - Kris
"I am sans undies." - Kirk
"....don't write that down." - Kirk
"Does she have a catheter?" - Leigh E
"Raise your shirt if you're a promiscuous girl." - Ben
"I'm very pornogenic." - Kirk
"He needs some bells on his crotch." - Cory
"I want to date someone who rips his buttons off." - Leigh E
"I want you to take your hand off Casey's balls." - Dak
"Don't cheapen it." - Wally
"You're bottom sucks." - Wally
"I can't help it if I like to party." - Keri

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for making me laugh on a Monday morning - the photo of Kirk in the women's turtleneck is priceless!