Thursday, January 22, 2009

Let's Review

I have received and read all the hate mail and listen to the calls. Where is Leigh Leigh Land?!?!?! Sorry, yet again, for my absence. Thought I'd give you a quick run down of what I've been up to....

Laisse le bon temps rouler

The Edgar family "let the good times roll" in celebration of my little brother's 30th with a trip to New Orleans. The Big Easy is a special place to us all since Rusty and Carly were married there five January's ago (1/17/04), but it also happens to be one of Rusty's favorite cities. The rest of us love it too. We did it up right....wining and dining our way through the Crescent City. Since New Orleans is really all about eats and drinks and Rusty is the biggest foodie I know, the recap of this trip will relive just that:

Thursday Lunch
Liuzza's By The Track...for some local fare...killer gumbo and po boys

Thursday Afternoon Cocktails
Old Absinthe House....my favorite bar on Bourbon

Thursday Cocktail hour
Ritz Carlton Lobby Bar...great martini's

Thursday Dinner
Brigtsen's....classic Creole cuisine

Friday Breakfast (only Rusty and Carly woke up for this. I was very sad to miss it)
Mother's....enough said

Friday Lunch
R & O's on the lake....some of the best fried shrimp I've ever had

Friday afternoon cocktails
Pat O's patio....hurricane's, mint juleps, mojito's, and more

Friday Cocktail hour
Bombay Club....killer martinis (just ask Little Russ)

Friday Dinner
Gautreau's...small neighborhood restaurant in Uptown...my favorite meal of the trip

Saturday Lunch
Casamento's...Magazine Streets most famous Oyster bar

Saturday Afternoon Cocktails
The Columns Hotel....mint juleps and the best darn mojito I've ever had

Saturday Evening Cocktails
Windsor Court Hotel...Champagne toasts for Little Russ' birthday


Saturday Dinner
Restaurant August....Rusty and Chef John Bess have "clashed heads for years" and they finally "put their swords down" for our final meal in the Big Easy (clearly an inside family joke)


Sunday Brunch
Dante's Kitchen....awesome Sunday brunch with housemade Bloody Mary's and Milk Punch

Sunday Snack
Cafe du Monde....no trip is complete with out those powder sugared little bites of heaven

So yeah, the liver and the arteries took a hit that weekend, but it was all in the name of fun and Little Russ. We did it up right, so next time your are headed to NOLA consider just stealing our itinerary....you can't go wrong.

Check out the pics from our trip to NOLA.


Ego-maniacs


After NOLA, I took the week easy until the next weekend. Friday Night a group hit Vivo for some yummy mexican food and some of my favorite margaritas. After dinner we took to the stage at Ego's yet again to sing and dance the night away. Sunday night, which is usually a night to rest and recover (not in Austin) was spent at Sara's for a little game night. Scattagories got a little competitive that night. So that's where I've been, what I've been up to.

Check out pics from last Friday at Ego's here.

No comments: