Monday, February 23, 2009

Winners and Losers

I thought last night's Academy Awards was one of the best in years. It seemed to move more quickly, and frankly...I wasn't bored out of my mind. The speeches were kept brief. Thank goodness the President of the Academy chose to sit this one out. And Hugh Jackman nailed it. More on that later. Of course, the awards are only part of the pomp and circumstance and it is the attire that seems to cause the most water cooler conversation the next morning. Here are my thoughts.

Best Dressed:
Taraji P Henson - Loved the hair! Loved the necklace! Loved the dress! Flawless!!!!



Hugh Jackman - another classic Hollywood. This man was meant to wear a tux. Loved the three piece tux with a vest....just classic!


Best Dressed Couple:
Brad and Angelina - Classic tux, classic black dress, a pop of color with the jewels. Fabulous!


Worst Dressed:
Beyonce - I just hated her dress. I thought it looked like bad curtains made into a dress, a la Sound of Music.


Philip Seymour Hoffman - A knit cap, really?!?! Just terrible.


Mickey Rourke - No explanation necessary. He just never gets easier to look at.


Sarah Jessica Parker - I am usually a fan of hers, but this was too much and her boobs were just way too...well out there.
So that's my take on the evening's couture. But my favorite part, and this will come as no shock to you, was the musical montage performance led by the evening's host, Hugh Jackman. Fabulous. I wanted to dust off my top hat and cane (ok they don't have dust on them due to frequent usage) and join in. I was just thrilled to hear Hugh say that "the musical is back." Granted I never thought it was gone....but I'll take it none the less. In case you missed the fun, here is the musical montage number and in my opinion the highlight of the show:




So...what did you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

her boobs "were just......way too out there?" BITE YOUR TONGUE, there is no such thing!!!!!!