MAY
May is really to blame for this summer slump. You see, my work's major fundraiser is typically held in early May....thus keeping me busy. The event, Mother's Day weekend, went off without a hitch....even though we were shy of our fundraising goal. My parents came into town for the big event and lots of friends showed their support, so not all was lost. Click here if you want to see pics from my event.
After the big event I headed off to Cozumel in later May to rest and recuperate with Ashley and my mom. I'd never been to Cozumel and just loved it. The beaches and ocean were beautiful. I loved our hotel the Aura Cozumel Wyndham Grand Bay, a boutique, all-inclusive hotel owned by the Wyndham. It was really nice. I highly recommend staying there. The three of us basked in the sun for four days and pretty much ate our weight in lobster. Check out our pics from sunny Cozumel.Early June was our Karaoke Showtunes Party. We cooked this little shin dig up a few months back and it did not disappoint. The party was at Austin Karaoke and the theme was showtunes and musicals. Everyone came dressed as a character from a musical. Costumes were in full effect representing: Chicago, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, Footloose, The Wizard of Oz, South Pacific, South Pacific, High School Musical, Cats, and Moulin Rouge. Check us out in action.
In June we also....celebrated Ted's birthday at Ego's, had a game night at Ashley's, and had friends in from Fort Worth.
The end of June I headed out with my family for our 2nd Annual Evans/Edgar Big Chill vacation. On the way to Florida, we stopped in New Orleans to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday. We did it up big....in true Edgar style...as introduced Perry to one of our family's favorite cities. Saturday night we got a sitter for Miss P and the "adults" celebrated with a gluttonous dinner at Galatoire's. The next morning was Father's Day, so we celebrated over brunch at Brennan's. After Brennan's we were Florida bound. Check out our pics from the Big Easy.


From the Big Easy we continued our trek east arriving in Rosemary Beach, Florida where we met up with the Evans family (my brother's in-laws). We settled into our house and began the 2nd Annual Edgar/Evans Big Chill. There we had a week of sunnin' and funnin'. Rosemary Beach is about 30 miles south of Destin on the Gulf Coast. It has beautiful white sandy beaches and great local fare. Mojitos, group, and grits galore! Another great family vacation. Check out all our fun.



JULY
May and June were jam packed with fun and July is off to a pretty good start. After my family vacation I enjoyed a short re-entry work week having Friday, July 3rd off in observance of Independence Day. The big day was celebrated with a shrimp boil party at the Dunlap's with all the kiddos followed by an evening on the stage at Ego's with the "adults." Click here to see all the pics from our 4th of July celebration.



So that's where I've been. Whew. I'm exhausted just recapping it.
This past weekend was my annual college girl's weekend. Since it is so fresh and will bring back the quote list, I'll wait until tomorrow to give this past weekend it's proper respect.
Until tomorrow.

2 comments:
She's back! Thank goodness! Even though I was present at most of the aforementioned events, I still love a good recap. Now, if only I could get the video montage from New Year's '99-2000...
welcome back...yippee!
Post a Comment