
That's the battle cry of the Mean Green...those mighy Eagles of the University of North Texas. Right?! Not all of my memories of UNT are fond ones, but I am grateful for the friendships that I made there and that they have lasted through so many years.
For ten years now six of my girl friends from those college days have been getting together every summer for a weekend of fun. This year was no exception as our group gathered in Austin. Three of us live here in Austin, Shelly flew in from New York, Mallory from Dallas, and Shay from Florida. The moment we get together it's as if no time has passed.

Friday night we kicked things off with a bang with a delicious dinner at Uchi. When there is celebrating to do, Uchi is the place to do it. Yummy, yummy sushi and flowing champagne made for a perfect meal for the six of us.
After dinner that night we ventured over to Ego's so these girls can see what all the fuss is about. I'm not sure they'll say it's their favorite bar, but I know one thing....my girls love a stage, so I knew they'd take to my Ego's. Shelly was the lead off hitter and took to the stage with a little Pour Some Sugar on Me. Mal brought things down a level with one of our fave's from John Denver. I serenaded Aimee with "our" song....Keep On Loving You. And Wendy finished out our first round of singing with a tune by The Toadies. Aimee stayed on the bench that night due to a sore throat and a shortage of that liquid courage.

Saturday we rose early (for me) and headed out to Lakeway where we spent the day in the pool at the Lakeway Resort and Spa. The pool was fabulous and a great place for us to beat the heat. We literally sat in the pool for hours and hours...sipping bloody marys, catching up, and enjoying each others company. That night we opted for a low key tex-mex dinner and more fun back in the room. We stayed up late solving the world's problems and doing what girls do best. As always, I had an amazing time with my girls. We have so much fun together. We laugh and laugh and laugh.



You have the UNT girls weekend to thank for the return of the blog and you also have Mallory to thank for being the inspiration for the first ever quote list (back in June of 2007)....so it is fitting that we bring the quote list back in celebration of the UNT girls. Of course, Mallory steals the show once again!
He's a tool shed. - Mal
So your farts don't smell like a dead body parts now? - Mal
I smelled them on the table. Type it up. - Mal
I looked down and there was something dirty running down my pants. - Aimee
We'll hug later. It'll be frontal. - Mal
Jump back. - Mal
Is it sad the 2 of us are splitting 2 bottles of champagne? - Shelly
No - Leigh
Why are you asking her? - Aimee
I'm not complaining yet. - Mal
If we're the comeback from that it better be long and hard and good. - Mal
They aint got that at Mickey D's - Mal
What is the name of that varmit that you got? - Shay
Anything that eats pellets is wrong. - Mal
...and I need new boobs. - Wendy
I've been good lately; I haven't peed on myself lately. - Leigh
Duck Aimee. - Leigh
Watch out...you might get a tick. - Shay
Oh wow....she's hard on the eyes. - Aimee
I can chug my drink in 8 measures. - Wendy
I can feel the sweat trickling down my titties. - Shay
Sorry about your trip to Bangladesh. - Mallory
I can't find my keys! - Wendy
I want to take Zongo - Shelly
Are sober enough to drive? - Shelly
Yes. - Aimee
I'm disappointed. - Shelly
Yeah....when you got vomit breath. - Aimee
He had rickets. - Shay
....you know....bushy tails. - Mal
I'm not mad at you I'm mad at myself for showing my vag to a camera. - Shelly
Shelly....get your panties off. - Shay
You better out some panties on before people get here. - Mallory
No comments:
Post a Comment