Saturday, July 18, 2009

Crack

I've said it before, I'll say it again....Bravo TV is crack. I am pretty sure they can do no wrong. I've recently gotten into two of their newer shows and I cannot pull myself away.




First, I'll start with NYC Prep. I was a bit behind on this one....but am fully caught up thanks to a marathon session. I cannot believe my eyes with this one....a peek into the lives of NYC prep school teenagers. Do these kids not have parents? They act as if they are in their 30s. They have dinner parties. They travel to Palm Beach, Mexico, and places in between with no parents in site. They drink at restaurants - and they are 16 - 18. I mean, I'm not saying that's never been done before (think Cremona's in Dallas).....but um this is on TV. The shopping and the clothes! Stylists for teenagers! And the casual sex talk. I cannot believe my eyes and ears. But thanks to Bravo I have been sucked in and cannot get enough. So far PC is my favorite. Can't wait to see what the pompus ass does next.




Bravo has also sucked me into their newest show Miami Social. Holy Cow. Again with the crack. I just don't understand where they find these people....all with sooooo much money, with killer bods, and waaaaaay to much time on their hands. One of the characters may look familiar - Katrina - she was on the first season of The Apprentice. There has only been one episode, so not much to report - - - but one was enough to get me hooked. DVR is officially set.






And then there's the History Channel. I love me some History Channel. I have been known to easily get sucked into an all day marathon about past Presidents, the Civil War, the mob, the prohibition, and more. It's all faciniating!






They recently wrapped up a series called Expedition Africa. It was amazing. A Mark Burnett production (you know - the Survivor guy)....so you know it's done right. Four explorers in Africa trekking across Tanzania, following in the exact path and footsteps of past explorers Henry Stanley and David Livingstone. Lions, crocks, snakes, torrential rains, swamps, 110 degree heat, personality conflicts, malaria, and more. What's not to love. I finished watching the season just this morning with goose bumps and tears. Not enough to make me want to trek across Africa, but enough to get me hooked on the show. You should definitely check it out on reruns.




I usually dread summer television....but thanks to these three shows I think I'll muddle through just fine. Now if I could only get some Jeff Lewis and Flipping Out, I'd be one happy camper!

No comments: