Unbeknownst to me....jelly shoes are making a come back. Being the shoe freak that I am, I do feel as if I should have been consulted about this 80s fashion flashback. Yes, there are worse 80s fashions that could re-emerge, but I am still not sure that jelly shoes in fact need to resurface in closets everywhere this summer.This topic came to mind this weekend when I saw a Westlake High Schooler donning a nice white pair of jelly shoes (seen above). I almost laughed...remembering my parents saying that all fashion tends would indeed come around again. I scoffed at them at the time...but chuckle now at how correct they were.
So in an effort to make sure they were indeed coming back (or I guess they already are back)...I did a Google search (when in doubt, right) for "jelly shoes" and found a myriad of different sites devoted to these little numbers. There was even an entry in Wikipedia. I was also startled to find that jelly shoes, which were once only flat...now come in a variety of styles including high heels. And, even more shocking was that major designers including Michael Kors have come out with a few themselves. What a steal…Jellies for $150!!!! Argh! I am sorry to say that this Imelda Marcos is keeping her jellies in the back of the closet where they belong. It seems others agree. What about you?
Jelly Shoes. Why?
Jelly Shoes - The Debate Cntinues (A Yay or Nay)
1 comment:
umm...i heart jellies. courtney fobrid me to buy them this summer.
Post a Comment