Thursday, July 5, 2007

All hail to thee...

It occurred to me the other day there really are an abundance of Highland Parkers here in Austin. Yes, outsiders often criticize our frequent references to our old alma mater…so much so that yesterday we were outlawed from referencing anything HPHS (or Camp Longhorn)….tell me...what the heck else am I supposed to talk about?!?!?! Anyway, so when we were planning yet another one of our many, many (did I say many) shindigs I realized just how many of us there really are and for some reason this caused the old HPHS song to surface in my head. I thought I'd share it today as homage to dear old HP....and really just to irritate Tedder and Ash…guess I’ll just have to take my punishment!

All hail to thee, Dear High Park High
The school we love so dear.
We’ll shout thy praise to all the world,
Which echoes far and near.
Thy fame and splendor we’ll uphold;
Thy greatness we’ll proclaim.
We’ll honor and we’ll cherish thee-
Dear High Park High


1 comment:

ashamini said...

I think we should make the moratorium on HP references a permanent thing. That inlcudes blogs.