Monday, July 30, 2007

Who is Gary Sinise?


It seems that my friends, while full of a plethora of other useless information including the location of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the name of the highway surrounding Pebble Beach, and more...they do not, however, know about the great Gary Sinise.

Where is this rant coming from you might ask…while at Ashley’s ranch this weekend we played a game where you write down different celebrity names and then describe them, act them, etc. With one caveat...if a certain percent of people do not know the celebrity then it gets thrown out. The only one that was thrown out was one of mine…Gary Sinise! I swear I’m not bitter! Ha. But, I digress.

So in my angst, I decided to Google old Gary today and was amused at all my findings. It seems that not only are there lots of official sites dedicated to Gary but there are loads of fan sites paying homage to the man, the myth, the legend. Turns out this Emmy and Golden Globe WINNING, Academy Award nominated actor/director has quite a following. Some of my fav Gary findings are tribs found on YouTube.

It’s no wonder my friends didn’t know who he was…he’s only appeared in such obscure movies as Forrest Gump, Apollo 13, and The Green Mile and can currently be found on television on CSI: NY.

as Lieutenant Dan in Forrest Gump

in Apollo 13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't know who Gary Sinise is? Hello -- CSI New York.