Yesterday's Oprah was everyone's favorite show....her "My Favorite Things" show. It got me thinking about some of my favorite things. So, I thought I'd share some with you. Now, I don't antipate an onslaught of sales on these items like what happens after an Oprah endorsement, but I thought I'd gaves these favs of mine a shout out and see what happens.
Veuve Clicquot Rose - Of course I had to start with champagne...which quite possibly could by my very favorite thing. But...how can I have a favorite champagne you ask? Well, I do happen to love just about any (but not all...no thank you on the Andre) champagne, but I do have my own personal fav. I am a big fan of the regular old (if you can even call it that) Veuve Clicquot, but only seem to buy the Rose on those extra special occasions - - - ok your random Thursday. But, the Veuve Clicquot Rose is fabulous....the perfect amount of pink bubbly fun! Cheers!

Shag Rolls - Sadly I do not have a picture of these scrumptious little numbers (only a picture of Uchi), but I have to say that a picture could not do them justice. The Shag Roll at Uchi is by far my favorite suchi roll ever. They are the perfect little bits of heaven. I'm not even sure what is exactly in them....and at this point in our relationship, I'm not sure I care....but I do know they have salmon in them and they are toasted and then topped with a japanese mayo. I like to start and end my meal at Uchi with a Shag Roll. And, if you are joining me for dinner....get your own!!!
Table Topics - If you know anything about me, you know that I love "get to know me games.' And yes, by me...I mean me. Ha. No really, I love question/get to know people games. That's why these Table Topics cards are my favorite. We played them several years ago over Thanksgiving Dinner and they caused quite a stir. They are great little conversation starters and there is an appropraitely themed box for every occasion.

Tweezerman Point Tweezers - Don't leave home without them! I mean, is there any better place to pluck those stray eyebrow hairs than in the bright sunlight of your car at a stoplight. And, there is no better tool to grab even the finest little hair than the Tweezerman Point Tweezers. They aren't the cheapest tweezers you'll find, but the best part about them is that they have free tweezer sharpening for life. I have two pairs....so when I send one off for sharpening I always have an emergency back up pair at my fingertips.

Netflix - I heart Netflix. I used to wonder about how cool it really could be. I know that you pick movies and put them into a que, but what if I was in the mood for something else when a certain movie came? Well, I have been a proud member of Netflix for several months now and I have to say....I love it. I am the membership category that allows 3 movies out at one time. I love that there are no late fees and I love that all I have to do is return them in the postage included envelope they provide me. They do just about everything for you except come over and pop it into your DVD player. I find myself renting movies I might not have rented before and you can also rent tv shows/seasons that you've missed. If you aren't a member already, be sure and try out their free trial.

BaByliss Carrera Pro - No, it's not a Porshe....it's a hairdyer and it just happend to be the best one I've ever used. I used to go through hair dryers ever couple of months...burning them up from overuse....that's what happens when you have a head of hair like mine. But, now that I found the BabByliss Carrera Pro I can go what seems like forever w/o having to replace it. It also dries my hair in half the time of any other dryer I've used. Again, not the cheapest hairdryer of the lot, but I promise you won't be disappointed with the BabByliss Carrera Pro.

Sonic Impact i-Fusion - That sounds way more fancy than it is. Actually these are my favorite portable iPod speakers. I bought my set more than a year and a half ago and I do credit myself for their success. Ash, MC, Mooring, Alicia, Lizzy, and more all have purchased these fabulous portable speakers. They are super durable....I've taken my everywhere for the last year and a half. They are small and light weight. And, they have great sound. I love being about to take my iPod everywhere with me. It completes me!
Well folks, in an effort to keep this blog entry from being the longest in history....I think I'll leave at that. I have had so much with this entry that I think I'll make it a recurring entry. So stay tuned to Leigh Leigh Land for more of my favorite things.
Veuve Clicquot Rose - Of course I had to start with champagne...which quite possibly could by my very favorite thing. But...how can I have a favorite champagne you ask? Well, I do happen to love just about any (but not all...no thank you on the Andre) champagne, but I do have my own personal fav. I am a big fan of the regular old (if you can even call it that) Veuve Clicquot, but only seem to buy the Rose on those extra special occasions - - - ok your random Thursday. But, the Veuve Clicquot Rose is fabulous....the perfect amount of pink bubbly fun! Cheers!
Shag Rolls - Sadly I do not have a picture of these scrumptious little numbers (only a picture of Uchi), but I have to say that a picture could not do them justice. The Shag Roll at Uchi is by far my favorite suchi roll ever. They are the perfect little bits of heaven. I'm not even sure what is exactly in them....and at this point in our relationship, I'm not sure I care....but I do know they have salmon in them and they are toasted and then topped with a japanese mayo. I like to start and end my meal at Uchi with a Shag Roll. And, if you are joining me for dinner....get your own!!!
Table Topics - If you know anything about me, you know that I love "get to know me games.' And yes, by me...I mean me. Ha. No really, I love question/get to know people games. That's why these Table Topics cards are my favorite. We played them several years ago over Thanksgiving Dinner and they caused quite a stir. They are great little conversation starters and there is an appropraitely themed box for every occasion.
Tweezerman Point Tweezers - Don't leave home without them! I mean, is there any better place to pluck those stray eyebrow hairs than in the bright sunlight of your car at a stoplight. And, there is no better tool to grab even the finest little hair than the Tweezerman Point Tweezers. They aren't the cheapest tweezers you'll find, but the best part about them is that they have free tweezer sharpening for life. I have two pairs....so when I send one off for sharpening I always have an emergency back up pair at my fingertips.

Netflix - I heart Netflix. I used to wonder about how cool it really could be. I know that you pick movies and put them into a que, but what if I was in the mood for something else when a certain movie came? Well, I have been a proud member of Netflix for several months now and I have to say....I love it. I am the membership category that allows 3 movies out at one time. I love that there are no late fees and I love that all I have to do is return them in the postage included envelope they provide me. They do just about everything for you except come over and pop it into your DVD player. I find myself renting movies I might not have rented before and you can also rent tv shows/seasons that you've missed. If you aren't a member already, be sure and try out their free trial.

BaByliss Carrera Pro - No, it's not a Porshe....it's a hairdyer and it just happend to be the best one I've ever used. I used to go through hair dryers ever couple of months...burning them up from overuse....that's what happens when you have a head of hair like mine. But, now that I found the BabByliss Carrera Pro I can go what seems like forever w/o having to replace it. It also dries my hair in half the time of any other dryer I've used. Again, not the cheapest hairdryer of the lot, but I promise you won't be disappointed with the BabByliss Carrera Pro.

Sonic Impact i-Fusion - That sounds way more fancy than it is. Actually these are my favorite portable iPod speakers. I bought my set more than a year and a half ago and I do credit myself for their success. Ash, MC, Mooring, Alicia, Lizzy, and more all have purchased these fabulous portable speakers. They are super durable....I've taken my everywhere for the last year and a half. They are small and light weight. And, they have great sound. I love being about to take my iPod everywhere with me. It completes me!
Well folks, in an effort to keep this blog entry from being the longest in history....I think I'll leave at that. I have had so much with this entry that I think I'll make it a recurring entry. So stay tuned to Leigh Leigh Land for more of my favorite things.
3 comments:
Great Blog....one of your best yet. See you tommorrow- MMC
Does this mean we each get all of these things for free? If so, I'll like you even more than Oprah.
Hey Leigh! Wendy sent me the link to your blog to view the Thanksgiving pics. I've enjoyed reading your blogs and was excited to see that you liked your ipod speakers so much. Eric's are busted and I was searching for a replacement for a Christmas gift and actually looked at the Sonic. Check out my blog if you want to www.emeryandreed.blogspot.com
It is pretty much dedicated to my kiddos and so possibly boring for others. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!
Paige (Emery) Horras
Post a Comment