Friday, November 2, 2007

Cheers


Last night, Ashley and Elizabeth coordinated a happy hour in honor of my bday (which is today). It was such a fun evening. We started out with about 15 or so pals for happy hour on the patio at Fino. They have a great patio and Thursday nights just happen to be half price bubbly....what a treat. So, we all induldged in glass after glass of wine and champagne and assorted tapas. Thank you to everyone who came and celebrated with me. And to Wendy for sending over the special bottle of champagne in her absence.
After Fino, we headed downtown for more snacks and drinks at Key Bar....which didn't last too long and then we were off to 6th Street to dance at 311. I love 311 - - - but whenever we go we are typically the oldest attendees by...oh about 10 years. Yikes. But, we made the best of it and danced til the wee hours. I even performed Proud Mary with the band.


But, sometimes good things go aray and as it turns out my being up so late the night before I was to leave town paidits price. I woke up late this morning and missed my 8:45 flight to NOLA. Thanks to trusty Southwest Airlines though, I was on another flight in no time. More from the Big Easy later.

No comments: