I spent yesterday on the San Marcos river fly fishing with my pal Ashley. Ash had purchased a fishing package at Mobile Loaves & Fishes fundraiser earlier this year and decided to take me fishing with it for my bday. Although Ashley and I have fished on the same river together many a time...we have never fished on the same boat together. In Montana, for the past four years, I have always fished with Alicia. We have our routine down by now, so I was feeling a little strange about fishing with someone else. But, if you are going to try it with someone new...might as well be your best pal.
The day was beautiful and of course we had a fun-filled day on the water. And, we definitely slayed our fare share of fish. Ash got the most, but I got the biggest. Yeah us! Our guide, Banning, had probably never seen the likes of us before....traveling with our iPod, lip gloss, and assorted other sundries....but he adjusted fine and I think actually enjoyed being our guide. I mean who wouldn't?!?! Thank you Ash for treating me to a fun day of Bass slaying...what a great bday present!

No comments:
Post a Comment