Sunday, October 21, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend my mamma bear come into town to visit me. I was so excited since she hadn't been down to Austin since MAY!!!!! I had quite an agenda of to dos that only my mom can help me accomplish. We bought and hung new curtains, bought and spray painted outdoor furniture, ate out, slept late, and had a great time together as always.

She pulled into town late Friday afternoon and we ate an early dinner at Blue Star Cafeteria. Blue Star is a great place with gourmet home cooking. We treated oursleves to grilled cheese sandwich appitizers, champagne cocktails, and more. Yum, yum!

After dinner we caught movie...Gone Baby Gone....the new movie staring Morgan Freeman (one of our favs) and Casey Affleck...it was also directed by Ben Affleck. It was fabulous....a great movie. I highly recomend it.

Saturday morning we hit the ground running after mex at Maudie's. We were on a mission for my round table (see previous entry). We spent all day running around town accomplishing my list of to dos. We got my new round table, twin beds frames, curtains, some bathroom fixture, outdoor plants, etc. We wrapped up Saturday with a great dinner at Mandola's....a neighborhood Italian market. After dinner we spent our Saturday night putting together bed frames and hanging my new curtains.

Sunday we grabbed one last bite of mex, ran a few last minute errands, and put the finishing touches on our projects. It was great to spend the weekend with my mom. I'll see her in a coupld of weeks, but I love it when she comes down to Austin to see me. Let's hope she visits again soon.

No comments: