Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Closing the book on Harry Potter

It only took me 2 and a half months to do it, but last night I closed the book on the final Harry Potter book. What a journey. I have such mixed emotions about finishing book number seven, but loved every minute of it. I can't wait to nerd out and gab with my other Potterphile friends who have so patiently waited for me to finish. So much to discuss. I will miss Harry, Hermione, and Ron (my favorite). But at least I have a couple more movies to anticipate. Wish I could say more, but have to help preserve the secrets for those who have yet to read the final installment....although I may be the last one.

Now that I've finished HP...I'm on to the next book....that's kind of a thing with me...the moment I finish one book I have to pick up another. Wonder what that's about?!?!?! So, I'm on to One Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. I'm so excited about starting this one. Khaled Hosseini is the author of The Kite Runner....one of the best books I've ever read. Can't wait to dive into his newsest book. I'm also anxiously awaiting the movie version of The Kite Runner....who's release date has been pushed back due for the safety of its child stars.

No comments: