Sunday, October 21, 2007

Keeping up with the Joneses

Well actually....keeping up with the Wheelers. In an effort, to compete with Ford and Lizzy....this weekend I purchased my very own "Round Table." I am by no means trying to compete with "The" Round Table, but just in case we ever are at my pad....I want to have the necessary equipment. So...meet my Round Table:

I didn't know quite how difficult it would be to purchase my own round table. My mom was visiting me this weekend and we had quite a day trying to hunt this sucker down. After visiting 2 Home Depots, three Lowe's, a couple of outdoor furniture/grill stores....I found out just what a feat this actually was. Turns out Home Depot and Lowe's have already put away their outdoor furniture to make way for the Christmas gear. I do realize that store start putting out their Christmas stuff months and months in advance, but I don't see how in a city like Austin....where it is still 90 degrees, you can justify putting away your "summer" seasonal stuff. The truth is....in Austin....there really are really only two seasons: summer and winter....and we still have a while to go before we hit summer. So, unless I wanted to throw down a couple of grand for some nice patio furniture at the local outdoor store, I was out o luck.

Just prior to losing all hope, I popped into a local junk type store on the side of the road and happened upon an old iron table and chairs. I got a great deal on them and all they needed were a coat of spray paint. So, we loaded them up, hauled them home, touched them up with some brown spray paint and I am now the proud parent of my very own Round Table.




my mom...spray painting my round table

No comments: