Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thrill The World


What are you doing October 25th?

As it turns out...people in 96 cities in 12 countries will be performing Michael Jackson's "Thriller" dance in sync at 1pm (CST). Why? To try and break the Guinness Book of World Record's mark for the largest synchronized Thriller dance. Can't make it up people!

The event is called "Thrill The World." Austin (as I'm sure other cities have) has launched it's very own Thrill The World Austin site where you can learn everything you ever wanted to know about Thrill The World Day and more.

My favorite part is that in Austin they are holding six free "zombie workshops." They highly recommend you learn the dance at one of the workshops, but if you can't....you can teach yourself by going to here.

You can even download dance script and watch video teaching segments of each section.

The "March Booty Swim" section has provided me great joy this afternoon. I especially like the disclaimer that says...and I quote...

"You can add the head movement in on the Booty Bounce, as in the music video, if you choose to. It has been omitted so as to keep the majority of participants feeling successful because head movements can easily complicate and confuse people who have little to no dance training."
This is serious business.

Even Austin's very own Mayor participated in one of the training workshops yesterday. Here he is in action. He's the one in the suit and tie...if you were wondering.



So, I ask you again....what are you doing October 25th?

No comments: