It is a sad day for Camp Longhorners everywhere....as we mourn the loss of camp patriarch, Tex Robertson. I have such fond and vivid memories of Tex. He was always smiling, always knew your name, and seemed like a grandfather to just about everyone at camp. For the five years I spent at Camp Longhorn as a camper I awoke each morning to his distinct and cheerful voice...."rise and shine, be up and about." I will forever remember his V-Day shirts, swimming in his pool, blowdrying my hair via his airconditioner, his love for animals, and his smile. Camp Longhorn, and the world, has lost a great man. I somehow thought that Tex would live forever...I guess for Camp Longhorners everywhere...he will. Attawaytogo, Tex!!!Click here to read an article about Tex in today’s the Dallas Morning News. There are also great pictures and memories posted on the Camp Longhorn website.
No comments:
Post a Comment