Thursday, August 30, 2007

"Fortune" cookies?

When did fortune cookies become so politically correct? Remember when fortune cookies actually used to tell you your fortune??? Isn't telling you your future and fortune actually the defining factor of a fortune cookie??? As I broke open my fortune cookie last night at dinner and read my "fortune", I was so disappointed. No..."the man of your dreams is just around the corner" or " your patience will be rewarded sooner or later ", but I got a ever so sappy..."others recognize your sweet nature." Sweet nature my ass...when did these little suckers become so touchy feely? Give me the goods cookie...tell me my fortune and future. I need more from you little fortune cookie...is that too much to ask?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree on the fortune cookies. They are so weak these days. Someone needs to write a letter to the manufacturers of these little disappointing treats. They don't even taste good anymore either. Like cardboard.

Unknown said...

FYI: The proper way to read a fortune cookie is to read the furtune out load to the group at the table and immediately follow the fortune reading with the phrase "...under the sheets".

Abrazos,
Frederico