Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Plunger Ponders


Last night my neighbors came by to borrow my plunger. This has brought up many questions for me to ponder about plungers...

(1) Is that the kind of thing you borrow from someone???? I'm not sure it is. I mean...there is a little convenience store just down the street. Wouldn't you rather just run down there and buy a plunger anonymously like the rest of us do than ring your neighbors door bell and claim that you need it to help "drain your shower"?

(2) Why don't my neighbors have a plunger? Isn't it the kind of thing that you buy on move in day as you stock up on assorted sundries for your new place. I contend that a plunger is a household must...and might even be one of the most underrated, underappreciated items in a home.

But, maybe the real question should be...

(3) Do I actually want my plunger back after they've used it "to drain their shower"??? They have yet to bring it back, but I'm not sure I want them to. I do, however, want a replacement to my plunger in case I ever need help "draining my shower."

Hmmmm...so much to ponder on this simple household item.

No comments: