Monday, August 27, 2007

When the cat's away...

Leigh, Mary Miles, Elizabeth, Leigh, Katie, and Wendy

Saturday night was a girl's night out in Austin. Husbands were out of town, so Lizzy coordinated her "smells like Ford is out of town" weekend...and since the rest of us really need very little prodding for an evening on the town we joined in! Wendy, Leigh, and I met at Lizzy, Katie, and Mary Miles at the Four Seasons bar (oh how I love the Four Seasons) for a little pre-dinner cocktail.

We met the rest of our gang (Jenny, Lisa, Christy, and Tami) downtown at Kenichi for some yummy yummy sushi (and more cocktails). I had mixed feelings about going to Kenichi...I am a hard core Uchi girl and felt a little uneasy about Kenichi over Uchi...but Keneichi takes reservations so Kenichi it was. And, it was really great. Not Uchi...but great. I can't stop thinking about that Austin style yellowtail sashimi and the spicy edemame.

After dinner, we ventured over to the Belmont for some rooftop cocktails and chit chat for a hour or so. Then we found a great new bar to hang out at...Star Bar (do you sense the sarcasm here???)...where we met up with Ted, Caroline, and John. The hunger pangs started setting in about 11, so Mary Miles wrangled up some somewhat sketchy snacks for the group...but it didn't quite do the trick so some of our friend bailed out early.

The remaining crew...Wendy, Ted, Caroline, and John headed downtown to 311 for a little dancing and alot of sweating! I always love a little 311, but oh how I feel old when I'm there. And, to top it off my feet still hurt today from my great new shoes I just had to wear on Saturday night.

Just another rock star evening in Austin.

2 comments:

Lizard said...

the mice will play...and go to bed earlier than usual! hahaha

Unknown said...

A fine gaggle of babes, they R! R-R-R!

Fred