Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Music to my ears


I've seen an email go around a few times with a link to a site that tells you the number one song on the day your were born. So....since I'm completely unmotivated today I thought I'd give it a whirl and share it with you guys.

So....November 2, 1975. I don't know too much about that date...except I was born in Dallas, Texas while the Cowboys were losing to the Washington Redskins. Must be just the reason I've never been a Redskins fan...reigning on my parade and all.

And now I find that the number one song on that day was none other than "Island Girl" by Elton John. Ok, so I don't know the song - - - hey I was like one minute old, what can I say. But, I do think the title kind of fits. I've always been an island girl of sorts. And I do dream of one day cashing in my chips (ok, ok - I realize I don't actually have any chips) and moving to an island where I can wear my hair curly and work in a bar...mixing up mojitos. Yes, I admit....I have seen the movie Cocktail one too many times...but hey a girl can dream.

In my extensive research on the song (thank you google) I learned that the song was actually about a prostitute and a man who wants to take her back to Jamaica. So minus the whole prostitute thing....I'm definitely an Island Girl.

Click here to find out what the number one song was when you were born.....and let me know your tune!

4 comments:

AL said...

Love Hangover by Diana Ross

Anonymous said...

Jive Talkin' by the Bee Gees.

Anonymous said...

I honestly love you by Oliva Newton-John

alicia said...

Mandy by Barry Mannilow..eat your heart out