I spent the long Easter weekend in Dallas catching up with the fam. It was certainly "The Perry Show"....so here's a quick recap of the weekend.
I arrived late Thursday night after a quick Southwest Flight from Austin. I was oh so sad to miss our monthly Austin girl's night...Sushi and Champagne, but couldn't wait to get home and love on my little niece. I don't know if it's just being at home, the fact that my parents keep their house as cold as a meat locker, or the fabulously firm matress in my room, but I slept like a rock that first night (and the dreamy nights continued thoughout my trip.)
Friday morning, I slept in and my mom and I met Carly and Perry Girl for lunch at Patrizio's in Highland Park Village. Cute Perry was all dolled up in her pink and green. I especially loved her pink sweater that Rusty has affectionately dubbed her "Neila Hook sweater" (only you Hyer Elementary folks will get that one).

And, at lunch my mom gave Carly and I a nice little Easter surprise....a new pair of Tory Burch shoes...bright orange flats for Carls and gold wedges for me. I'll take that over a basket full of candy any day.

Friday night, my mom, dad, and I headed back to HPV for an early dinner at Mi Cocina (along with ust about every young family with children in HP). That afternoon I spent three hours in the chair at the Phillip K. Thomas salon for a little blonde touch up and a trim. After dinner, we darted over to the theater to catch the 7 o'clock showing of The Other Boleyn Girl...which I have been dying to see and it did not disappoint.
Saturday I had the luxury of sleeping in again and had a late lunch with my mom. After lunch we cruised around town to check out some of our fave shops, homes, etc. But unfortunately, late that afternoon a migraine came calling and I needed to lay down for a bit. After the drugs kicked in, I was back in the saddle though. We met up with The Little Edgars...Rusty, Carls, and Perry for yet another mexican meal. After dinner, "the kids" went home and my mom, dad, and I caught an 8pm show of Under The Same Moon....which is an incredible film. Don't be let the subtitles deter you. This is one great movie...you won't be dissapointed!

Easter Sunday greeted us with a beautiful morning. We met up with Rusty, Carly, and Perry again for the 8:30 Cornerstone church service at Highland Park Methodist Church. After lunch, we met over for a delicious Easter lunch at the Lanbein's with the whole fam (sans Sarie and Bryant - boo). After a little cat nap yesterday afternoon I caught a quick flight back to Austin and was home by dinner.

Nothing like a great holiday weekend at home with the fam! Check out all the pics of the fam (ok, mostly Perry) from the weekend.
Friday morning, I slept in and my mom and I met Carly and Perry Girl for lunch at Patrizio's in Highland Park Village. Cute Perry was all dolled up in her pink and green. I especially loved her pink sweater that Rusty has affectionately dubbed her "Neila Hook sweater" (only you Hyer Elementary folks will get that one).
And, at lunch my mom gave Carly and I a nice little Easter surprise....a new pair of Tory Burch shoes...bright orange flats for Carls and gold wedges for me. I'll take that over a basket full of candy any day.
Friday night, my mom, dad, and I headed back to HPV for an early dinner at Mi Cocina (along with ust about every young family with children in HP). That afternoon I spent three hours in the chair at the Phillip K. Thomas salon for a little blonde touch up and a trim. After dinner, we darted over to the theater to catch the 7 o'clock showing of The Other Boleyn Girl...which I have been dying to see and it did not disappoint.
Saturday I had the luxury of sleeping in again and had a late lunch with my mom. After lunch we cruised around town to check out some of our fave shops, homes, etc. But unfortunately, late that afternoon a migraine came calling and I needed to lay down for a bit. After the drugs kicked in, I was back in the saddle though. We met up with The Little Edgars...Rusty, Carls, and Perry for yet another mexican meal. After dinner, "the kids" went home and my mom, dad, and I caught an 8pm show of Under The Same Moon....which is an incredible film. Don't be let the subtitles deter you. This is one great movie...you won't be dissapointed!
Easter Sunday greeted us with a beautiful morning. We met up with Rusty, Carly, and Perry again for the 8:30 Cornerstone church service at Highland Park Methodist Church. After lunch, we met over for a delicious Easter lunch at the Lanbein's with the whole fam (sans Sarie and Bryant - boo). After a little cat nap yesterday afternoon I caught a quick flight back to Austin and was home by dinner.
Nothing like a great holiday weekend at home with the fam! Check out all the pics of the fam (ok, mostly Perry) from the weekend.
2 comments:
Now that I've seen your Easter present, I feel like I might have to borrow your new shoes next weekend.
What a great Easter present and she didn't even make you hunt for them! Perry is adorable! Having the little ones around for the holidays is really so much fun!
Post a Comment