Yesterday afternoon I spent an hour or two at the "Mother Ship" (aka Neiman Marcus). Like a moth to a flame...I started off in the shoe department, but as usual I made my rounds in the cosmetics department as well.In Dallas, my "Bobbi Brown girl "was Aimee. I'll never forget the time I walked into Neiman's NorthPark with my dad and Aimee greeted me by name....you should have seen the look on my dad's face....he was like....are you kidding me....she knows you by name. But, I think he's eyes completely popped out of his head when she said...and I quote..."would you like me to put this on your account?" When I said yes, he quickly said...."don't you think you mean MY account?!?!" Minor techinicality there, dad. But I digress.
My new "Bobbi Brown girl" is Mistelle. She's fabulous. Mal and I met her on opening weekend on Neiman's Austin and she's been "my Bobbi Brown girl" ever since. So, yesterday I paid a visit to Mistelle to stock up. In doing so, I thought I'd share with you all a few of my beauty faves from the Mother Ship....

First, my fave eye cream....La Prairie
Now, this one is certainly an indulgence. One little mini pot of this is a bit pricey, but you only have to buy one two or three times a year. It is fabulously rich and is the perfect eye cream. I have super sensitive eyes and this one doesn't irritate them at all. I say if you are gonna splurge, splurge on the eye cream and this one will not dissapoint.

Frederick Fakkai Apple Cider Clearing Rinse

Dior Show Blackout
I'm a mascara freak. If there's a new one out...I try it. I am always on the lookout for that great new mascara that will fatten and lengthen up my lashes. I have tried them all and my everyday fave is actually Loreal Voluminous, but my new favorite falsh lash look alike is Dior Show Blackout. It's super black and makes you want to bat your eyes all night long.
Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss
I heart these little numbers. They come in every color and they are sheer enough that every looks good on just about everyone. And, Bobbi (you like how we are on a first name basis) always does a fabulous gift set of four or so for Christmas...a great gift or stcking stuffer. Thanks to Shay for teaching me that little trick.

Bobbi Brown Brush Set
I've tried lots of brushes. I've had expensive ones, cheap ones, and all the ones in between and my fave are the BB brushes. They are reasonable and there is special one for your every need. I especially love the variety of brushed for your eyes....there is one for every crevice.
So head on out to a Mother Ship near you and induldge yourself in some of these oh so fabulous beauty products!
1 comment:
Oh, I am sooooooooo glad I cancelled my NM account.
Post a Comment