Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Leave it to Texas

Sunday the state of Texas celebrated Texas Independence Day. On March 2nd, 1836 we (well you know not really me, but my people) declared independence from Mexico. While its not an official state wide holiday (maybe one day), many of us do our part to celebrate. This weekend we put on our Texas best and hit the rodeo in celebration of all things Texas...cowboy boots, bull riding, and some rocking country music.

I'm now proud to say that the Presidental Primary may also come down to the opinions and votes of this great state I call home....oh and some other state they call Ohio. So, in an interest to stick with my patriotism I urge all you Leigh Leigh Land readers in Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island and Vermont to get out there and vote. I take my voting right very seriously and you should too!
If you are clueless about who you'll cast your vote for check out this website found by my friend Jenny Lynn and recently posted on her blog The Virginia Monolougues...

This one is quite helpful, as it asks you questions about the issues and then tells you whose views you most closely match:
http://www.blogthings.com/whoshouldyouvoteforquiz/

And, once you've figured out who you'll vote for it's on to a little fun....click this one to see which modern president who are most like, with questions ranging from your favorite snack food to the issues you're most passionate about:
http://www.blogthings.com/whatmodernuspresidentareyoumostlikequiz/

Happy voting!

No comments: