Monday, March 17, 2008

Remember Me???

Hi friends of Leigh Leigh Land! I'm sorry for the little hiatus, but things have been a little busy around here. So, since most everyone was "on spring break" last week, I'll just chalk this little Leigh Land hiatus to a little Spring Break of my own. I wish I could say I was basking in the sun on some deserted beach somewhere, but unfortunately I have been working like a dog! I'll spare you the nauseating details and move on.

Last night I returned from a whirlwind weekend for Ashley's sister's wedding....the youngest one...Brooke. Brooke, as some of you know, has had what I'll just call a little crush on me for years. No really, she has. There was a time she used to pet me and say how much she loved me. Well, our little Brookie has grown up (well sort of) and moved on (officially). Last Friday night she married a darling (not so) little boy named Mike.



Brooke and Mike...the happy couple

I was officially invited as a guest to the nuptials and all its pomp and circumstance, but my official role was really one of (not so) moral support for Ash. My weekend started early with a Thursday afternoon dash into San Antonio for a quick change of clothes and a ride out to the rehearsal spot....the Don Strange Ranch in Boerne...just outside of SA. After the rehearsal it was on to the darling Grey Moss Inn in Helotes, TX....again just a bit outside of San Antone. The rehearsal dinner was lovely and was filled with many glasses of champagne and many touching toasts for the happy couple.



Ash and I with Rex (Ashley's Dad)

Friday was the wedding day and I trekked out to Don Strange Ranch again with the 4 Amini girls (mama Jan, Ash, Erin, and Brooke) for hair, make up, and all that jazz. The day was beautiful and we knew the wedding went off in true Brooke style when she kicked off her high heels mid-ceremony. The reception was different than others I had been too, but proved to be quite fun for all us guests. There was incredible food full of a variety of wild game (the quail and the red deer were my faves), casino tables, and even a cigar roller. Loads of fun. Check out the Amini girls in action on the dance floor....


As if all of that wasn't festive enough, Brooke and Mike had 70 of their closest friends out to the Amini family ranch on Satuday for a day of fishing, skeet shooting, and fun. The day was again beautiful, although a bit hot for my taste. After the sun went down and we gathered around the smoker for an incredible BBQ dinner. The partying went well into the night that night and I'm happy to report there were only some bruised ribs, a stubbed toe, and a possible broken collarbone. Not too bad, huh?!?! Before heading to our respective homes (Dallas, LA, Montana, Austin, etc), the gang enjoyed a fresh off the grill fajita lunch.

Ash and I with Jan (Ashley's mom)

All in all a fun-filled weekend. I'm not exactly sure what it would feel like to be hit by a truck, but I imagine the way I felt this morning was somewhat par for that course.

For more pics from the weekend click here....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Leigh for being my moral support! Even if your moral compass is a beat off. Ha!

Jennifer said...

I'm glad to know you're still alive. Looks like the wedding weekend was a success and love the picture of the Amini girls.

J J said...

I love the blog and the video, not so much my picture though. There wasn't one in my pretty dress!!! It was a great wedding and party, party. Ashley did a fantastic job and all is well in the world at last. Thank you Jesus.
Jan

Unknown said...

As father of the blogger...when do I get invited to something Amini?

Erin&Walter said...

Leigh, you forgot to say that I am infatuated with you too. I want to be just like you. I want to dress like you, talk like you, and I really want to do the cha-cha line dance like you. I wish you could have posted a video of that! You are the coolest.