
This morning white fulfilling my habitual morning routine of watching the Today Show I learned about Mad Libs 50th Anniversary. No, I was not there for its induction into the world, but who hasn't spend hours on end of their childhood wracking their brains for justthe right adjective, proper noun, or adverb?!?!?!
In case you've been hiding under a rock for the past 50 years I'll fill you in on Mad Libs. According to Wikapedia, Mad Libs is a word game where one player prompts another for a list of words to substitute for blanks in a story; these word substitutions typically have a humorous effect when the story is then read aloud. Even though the game was actually invented in 1953 it wasn't published into books until 1958.
You can go to the official Mad Libs website and waste your day away playing Mad Libs. And, since I'm not creative enough to make up my own Mad Libs (potential fun-time round table game), I thought I'd share one I just did...
You can go to the official Mad Libs website and waste your day away playing Mad Libs. And, since I'm not creative enough to make up my own Mad Libs (potential fun-time round table game), I thought I'd share one I just did...
My words:
Adjective - jittery
Adjective - tan
Plural noun - dogs
Plural noun - pants
Adjective - yummy
Adjective - yummy
Noun - spatula
Noun - Zebra
Plural noun - airplanes
Adjective - stingy
Name of person in room - Polly
Adjective - repulsive
Noun - doctor
Noun - doctor
Adjective - shaggy
Noun - apple
Plural noun - leaves
Adjective - tasteless
Adjective - damaged
Adjective - boring
So, here's my story...
Ladies and gentlemen, on this jittery occasion, it is a privilege to address such a/an tan-looking group of dogs. I can tell from your smiling pants that you will support my yummy program in the coming election. I promise that, if elected, there will be a/an spatula in every zebra and two airplanes in every garage. I want to warn you against my stingy opponent, Mr. Polly. This man is nothing but a/an repulsive doctor. He has a/an shaggy character and is working apple in glove with the criminal element. If elected, I promise to eliminate vice. I will keep the leaves in the public till. I promise you tasteless government, damaged taxes, and boring schools.
Ladies and gentlemen, on this jittery occasion, it is a privilege to address such a/an tan-looking group of dogs. I can tell from your smiling pants that you will support my yummy program in the coming election. I promise that, if elected, there will be a/an spatula in every zebra and two airplanes in every garage. I want to warn you against my stingy opponent, Mr. Polly. This man is nothing but a/an repulsive doctor. He has a/an shaggy character and is working apple in glove with the criminal element. If elected, I promise to eliminate vice. I will keep the leaves in the public till. I promise you tasteless government, damaged taxes, and boring schools.
Loads of fun! Happy Mad Libbing!
No comments:
Post a Comment