Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Slacky Slacksalot

I know, I know.....I'm a slacker. Ash told me today that she better not see Sex And The City as the lead story on my blog when she looks at it tomorrow....so in an effort to please my pal...here I am. Things have been a tad on the nutty side...ok, nuttier than usual. Just really busy at work. Here's a quickie on what's been going on in the land of Leigh.

Last Friday night, a crew of us gathered at the Wheelers to watch the UT basketball game. After the UT win, we took to the back yard for a little round tabling where we were entertained for hours by our dear friend Christy...who was on fire that night. I especially enjoyed her drive along Pecos in Emma's toy jeep. Classic....if only I had a picture of that.


Saturday I met Sara and Ash for a yummy lunch at 34th Street Cafe to recap the happenings from the night before. After lunch we decided that we needed to come up with a couture cocktail to take to the crawfish boil we were headed to that afternoon. We went back to my house and brewed up a mixture of Blood Orange Italian Soda and Vodka. It was dangerously delicious and the perfect complement to the warm afternoon.



We hit the crawfish party around 3 and met up with Wendy, Mike, Renee, Caroline, Andrew, et al. We enjoyed the rest of the afternoon from the comfort of a nice new softball chair (thanks Ash). As the sun went down, we packed our things and headed for dinner at Maudie's where we met up with Jennifer and Gentry. After din din we headed to the usual haunts...Star Bar then Key Bar. It was such a fun filled busy day that I decided to call it an early night ad headed home before the stroke of midnight. Click here for a few more pics from the crawfish party.


I milked Sunday morning as long as I could...by watching movies and lounging in bed all morning. I met Ash for a late lunch at Matt's and then headed to Round Top to meet up with my mom for a little antiquing. For those who aren't familiar with Round Top....twice a year this tiny town plays host to a giant antique fair with dealers from all over the globe. My mom and friends hit it hard every fall and spring. It's a little over an hour away from Austin, so when she's down in the vicinity I like to take advantage of it and see her...plus she might even buy me a treat or two. Here are a couple of pics from Round Top, but click here to see a few more.



So, folks...that was the weekend. My apologies for the tardiness of my weekend wrap up....I promise to be better from here on out. Happy hump day!

1 comment:

J J said...

ashley that is a cute sundress.
love
mom