
I'm so proud of my Aunt Jan. I've known about this for several weeks now, but have had to keep my big ole mouth shut about it until now.
Many of you know my Aunt Jan...she's my dad's sister and is married to my mom's brother. (crazy family tree is avilable upon request). But, she is best known as the incomparable Executive Director of Genesis Women's Shelter in Dallas, where I used to work. I worked under at Genesis for about six years and she amazed me day in and day out. She has made Genesis into a well known, well respected, safe haven for women and children who seeks solice in a place that is free violence and judgment. She is tireless and her efforts have changed the lives of thousands of nameless, faceless victims of domestic violence.
Well friends, my incredible "Aunt Nonny" is moving up! I am incredibly proud to tell you that she has been appointed to be the new Senior Policy Advisor to the Director of the Office on Violence Against Women in Washington. She was appointed by the big guy himself...the President of the United States. Now, say what you want about President Bush, but the guy knows what he's doing with this one.
So, Jan will be off to Washington in just two short weeks. She'll take a leave of absence from her current role as ED of Genesis and serve the duration of the current administration.
Congratulations to Jan on this once in a lifetime opportunity. No doubt she will continue change the world.
2 comments:
Wow! That is amazing news. Jan rocks.
So awesome...So, what perks will you get? Do you get to hang out with Jenna and Barbara now? Just kidding...Tell her congrats!
Post a Comment