I have an unquenchable thirst....always have. My dad and brother seem to both suffer from this "ailment" as well. We are not really sippers, we are drinkers. No matter the beverage, I just can seem to get enough. In the spirit of my unquenchable thirst I thought I's share some of my favorite beverages...so let's just call this "My favorite things...the beverage edition."

First, I'll start with my pal Evian. How can I not? Evian and I have been dating for some time now. If you know anything about me you know that wherever I roam, a bottle of Evian (or 2) cannot be far behind. I prefer the large 32ozers...those mini ones hardly get the job done. And, just because I am far from normal, I prefer to drink my bottled water a special way...at room temperature. I typically keep at least a 6-pack in the trunk, so I can have a bottle right at my fingertips. I particularly love Evian because I think it is the smoothest water and it tastes great at room-temperature.
I also love me some iced tea. Not the sweet kind, but a crisply brewed iced tea. Nothing better than a perfectly brewed glass of iced tea on a hot summer day. Typically fried chicken places and BBQ joints have the best iced teas and my fave happens to be at Bubba's Fried Chicken in Dallas. When I lived there, I'd drive through Bubba's every morning for a "Large iced tea with extra lemon" and would sip on it throughout the morning. I've never been a coffee girl, I just reply on a big ole glass of tea to kick me into gear.


Speaking of vodka, I guess it's time to move on to booze. Vodka is definitely my liquor of choice. In fact, other than the tequila in a margarita I really don't drink any other liquor. You can pretty much guarantee when I'm sipping on a "big girl drink" its gonna be either Vodka/Soda or a nasty-dirty martini. My vodka of choice is Tito's...I think it's really smooth and has a nice hint of sweetness to it. Go perfect with soda, Fresca, or 7up.

Most people think a nice cold beer is the perfect complement to a hot summer day, but I happen to be a fan of the ice cold beer in the cold weather. Again, I know I'm strange, but hear me out. Now, I'm a Coors Light girl...I'll dabble in a Miller Light or a Shiner now and again and I've been known to partake in a themey mexican beer when apropos, but I'm a CL girl at heart. Anyway, my favorite place for a nice, frosty Coors Light is sitting around the fire pit at Hidden Valley Ranch, in a big old sweater and cowboy boots. To me, the summer is so freaking hot around here that no sooner do you open your beer..do you have to grab another one because its already hot. Ugh! Don't get me wrong though, as long as that CL is iced cold, I'm a happy girl...in just about any weather.
When it comes to wine, I'm a red girl. I really lean toward the smooth and fruity types....like a great Syrah or a nice Pinot, but I'm happy as a lark with a full bodied Cab. I'm partial to Italian reds and I am really into blends right now. Just don't give me something too dry or too "spicy." I love to try new wines and am thrilled when I stumble upon something great and inexpensive.

Well, last but certainly not least - bubbly. I am a champagne freak. I think it's appropriate for just about any occasion and almost nothing makes me happier than that sound of the cork being popped. Champagne is festive and fun and always puts me in a better mood. I think I have to thank The Coons (both the older and the younger) for introducing me to good champagne. I also have the thank The Coons (this time the older) for treating me to some oh so fabulous and over the top Krug Rose champagne once or twice. Now that's a treat. Even though my taste buds were spoiled, I do love to find a great inexpensive bottle of bubbly, but if I'm feeling extra festive I'll treat myself to a bottle of Veuve Clicquot.
Well folks, that about all I can swallow for now. Until next time...cheers!

First, I'll start with my pal Evian. How can I not? Evian and I have been dating for some time now. If you know anything about me you know that wherever I roam, a bottle of Evian (or 2) cannot be far behind. I prefer the large 32ozers...those mini ones hardly get the job done. And, just because I am far from normal, I prefer to drink my bottled water a special way...at room temperature. I typically keep at least a 6-pack in the trunk, so I can have a bottle right at my fingertips. I particularly love Evian because I think it is the smoothest water and it tastes great at room-temperature.
I also love me some iced tea. Not the sweet kind, but a crisply brewed iced tea. Nothing better than a perfectly brewed glass of iced tea on a hot summer day. Typically fried chicken places and BBQ joints have the best iced teas and my fave happens to be at Bubba's Fried Chicken in Dallas. When I lived there, I'd drive through Bubba's every morning for a "Large iced tea with extra lemon" and would sip on it throughout the morning. I've never been a coffee girl, I just reply on a big ole glass of tea to kick me into gear.
Next I'll have to address my addiction (and yes, it very well may be a true addiction) to Fresca. I have been a Fresca drinker for a long time and while I can't take credit for "starting it," I will take some credit for "bringing it back." I have been drinking Fresca since back in high school and since that time I pride myself on having gotten many and friend and coworker addicted. Fresca is so refreshing and I love the way it burns as it goes down your throat. I really love that it is a diet drink that doesn't taste like a diet drink and it that it has zero calories. But, best of all....its caffeine free...so I can drink it all hours of the day! And don't forget that it goes amazingly well with a little vodka and lime....a drink I've dubbed "The Leigh Leigh."

Speaking of vodka, I guess it's time to move on to booze. Vodka is definitely my liquor of choice. In fact, other than the tequila in a margarita I really don't drink any other liquor. You can pretty much guarantee when I'm sipping on a "big girl drink" its gonna be either Vodka/Soda or a nasty-dirty martini. My vodka of choice is Tito's...I think it's really smooth and has a nice hint of sweetness to it. Go perfect with soda, Fresca, or 7up.

Most people think a nice cold beer is the perfect complement to a hot summer day, but I happen to be a fan of the ice cold beer in the cold weather. Again, I know I'm strange, but hear me out. Now, I'm a Coors Light girl...I'll dabble in a Miller Light or a Shiner now and again and I've been known to partake in a themey mexican beer when apropos, but I'm a CL girl at heart. Anyway, my favorite place for a nice, frosty Coors Light is sitting around the fire pit at Hidden Valley Ranch, in a big old sweater and cowboy boots. To me, the summer is so freaking hot around here that no sooner do you open your beer..do you have to grab another one because its already hot. Ugh! Don't get me wrong though, as long as that CL is iced cold, I'm a happy girl...in just about any weather.
When it comes to wine, I'm a red girl. I really lean toward the smooth and fruity types....like a great Syrah or a nice Pinot, but I'm happy as a lark with a full bodied Cab. I'm partial to Italian reds and I am really into blends right now. Just don't give me something too dry or too "spicy." I love to try new wines and am thrilled when I stumble upon something great and inexpensive.
Well, last but certainly not least - bubbly. I am a champagne freak. I think it's appropriate for just about any occasion and almost nothing makes me happier than that sound of the cork being popped. Champagne is festive and fun and always puts me in a better mood. I think I have to thank The Coons (both the older and the younger) for introducing me to good champagne. I also have the thank The Coons (this time the older) for treating me to some oh so fabulous and over the top Krug Rose champagne once or twice. Now that's a treat. Even though my taste buds were spoiled, I do love to find a great inexpensive bottle of bubbly, but if I'm feeling extra festive I'll treat myself to a bottle of Veuve Clicquot.
Well folks, that about all I can swallow for now. Until next time...cheers!
3 comments:
love this blog! makes me want a nice martini, glass of vino or fresca as i sit at my desk. is it happy hour yet?
"nothin good comes from liquor" (they tell me)
Might be one of my fav blogs yet.....What about the Fantarita?
Post a Comment