Saturday, April 12, 2008

Party Prep


I've spent my Saturday morning preparing for our Flip Flop Fiesta. This afternoon/evening Wendy, Katie, Ash, Ted, and I are hosting the Flip Flop Fiesta at Wendy's in celebration of spring. We could not have ordered up a more beautiful day. Zero humidity, sunny, and in the 70s. Perfect. I'm bringing Shay's Corn Guacamole, 7 Layer Dip, and I'm trying a new sangria recipe. I'm really excited about the sangria...this one is sparkling....and you know how much I like bubbles! Here's the recipe I'm using. It's tasting pretty good, but I hope its a crowd pleaser tonight. Keep you posted.


Sparkling Sangria
Recipe courtesy Michael Chiarello/Food Network

1 cup brandy
1/2 cup orange liqueur
1/4 cup sugar, super fine
1 orange, thinly sliced
1 pint raspberries
1 lime, thinly sliced
1 lemon, thinly sliced
2 bottles sparkling wine or cava, chilled

In a large pitcher, combine the brandy, and orange liqueur. Pour in the sugar, stir or shake the pitcher thoroughly to mix until the sugar dissolves. Add all the fruit at once. Add the cava and serve as is or on ice.

1 comment:

Paige Horras said...

How did the sangria turn out? I might have to try this recipe. It looks and sounds delish!