I've just about given up on posting anything to my blog on Mondays...it's just too difficult. So, you'll have to settle for the weekend wrap up on Tuesday...I'm sure you're on pins and needles. Saturday afternoon/evening Ashley, Katie, Wendy, Ted, and I hosted the Flip Flop Fiesta. We partied it Wendy's backyard late in the afternoon until early in the morning. The afternoon/evening was beautiful...you couldn't have asked for a better day. The party was complete with washers (boooo), venision burgers and sausage, festive fiesta apps, and my sangria...which was a big hit by the way (see Saturday's blog entry for recipe...I quadrupled it).


Because I think every party should benefit some sort of charity or non-profit, we decided to stay in the spirit and collect new or gently used flip flops for Mobile Loaves & Fishes. Yes, even the homeless and working poor deserve some fun-time spring flops. We filled the bucket with flops that I can't wait to pass out to my pals on the street.
The party got into full swing with a little eyebrown plucking, a few late night keg stands, a plank off (congrats Lizzie), and a little fire pit singalong.


Because I think every party should benefit some sort of charity or non-profit, we decided to stay in the spirit and collect new or gently used flip flops for Mobile Loaves & Fishes. Yes, even the homeless and working poor deserve some fun-time spring flops. We filled the bucket with flops that I can't wait to pass out to my pals on the street.
2 comments:
There WILL be a rematch on the plank-off!
Ash, I guess you will never loose that competitive edge you have had since birth. Nobody will ever read my comment because this party was soooooo long ago.
Post a Comment