Monday, September 24, 2007

All good things must end


I wish I could say that the last few days of our trip to Montana were spent quietly on the porch reading a nice book, but we continued our party streak and went out in style.

Friday evening Ash and I dropped Alicia off at the airport in Kalispell (about 30 mins away from Bigfork) for her redeye flight back to Richmond. What a travel trooper. Ash and I headed into downtown Kalispell for a nice dinner at Capers (formerly Cafe Max). Friday night in Kalispell isn't exactly rocking, so after din din we headed back in the Bigfork to the Roadhouse for a little more mingling with the locals. This was a daring move based on our performance the previous week. At the Roadhouse, we also met up with our Montana neighbor, Hale...who had just come to town. We also had the treat of meeting McCready's (Ash's favorite fishing guide) girlfriend...Kristy...who manages the Roadhouse.

Saturday...our last full fay in Bigfork was mostly spent sleeping in, napping, and watching great episodes of Rock of Love, Hogan Knows Best, and all the VH1 has to offer. That night...Ash, Hale, and I enjoyed one of our best meals in Bigfork at Invite, a new restaurant in town. Late into the meal, Hale's friend who just happened to be driving through town met us for after dinner drinks and dessert. Which btw...nothing goes better with my post dinner champagne than a little huckleberry creme brulee. Delicsh! That night downtown Bigfork was practically shut down due to the wedding of one of the locals....evidentally we didn't make the cut...I can't imagine why! So, back to the old faithful Roadhouse where we soon realized the entire town and post wedding crowd was wrapping up their evening as well. Typically when we walk in the Roadhouse, the crowd hushes and heads turn. We don't exactly look as if we belong. But, to my surprise I was met at the door by McCready with a highly Montana accented "oooohhh noooo!" Eric, another one of our guides was also out partying with the rest of the town. Saturday night at the Roadhouse was also karaoke night, so I "treated" the bar to a couple of tunes. It was a great way to wrap up our week in Bigfork.

Ash with McCready and Kristy at the Roadhouse
Eric, Hale, and Ash at the Roadhouse

I never miss an opportunity to karaoke
Am back home in Austin today after arriving home at midnight last night. Re-entry is quite a bitch, but the trip is worth every minute. Thanks to Ashley for hosting us again! What a great trip.

No comments: