It all started Friday night with Wendy and Ashley's Purple and Orange party in preparation for the UT/TCU game on Saturday. Over one hundred of our closest Longhorns and Horned Frogs joined in the celebration. It was so great to see everyone who made the trek from The Fort! We even enjoyed tunes from Owen Temple! Thanks Wendy and Ash for a great party!!! See pics from the Purple and Orange party.
As the party was winding down (ok, the kegs had been floated), Michael Levy had the ever so brilliant idea of hitting Austin Karaoke for a little late night sing-a-long. Now I ask you...is it a good idea to go "out" at 2am???? Now in theory this was a good idea....and as we were there it was a great idea. Not so great when Saturday morning rolled around, but I digress. So, we packed our bags and headed to Austin Karaoke where we belted out tunes from Bon Jovi, Juice Newton, Neil Diamond, and more. AK closes down at 5am (yikes), so we were asked to shut the party down then. :( Check out pics from our late night karaoke fest.
Saturday rolled around earlier than usual...probably b/c Friday night never really ended....and was filled with lunches, pre-game gatherings, tailgates, and more. I made it to my first official tailgate and UT football game. So exciting!!! And, the horns finally got it together in the 2nd half and pulled off a great win. (How do you like that bandwagon jumping, Russ?!?!). After the game we met up with friends at the usual spot where the party continued again until the wee hours.
Sunday....ah Sunday...no plans whatsoever...other than my appointment on the couch for a little football watching. Gotta keep up with my Fantasy Footballing. So, now it's Monday and I am rested and recovered from a blow out weekend. It was great fun, but sure am glad weekends like that only happen every once in a while.
1 comment:
If I didn't have LeighLeighLand, I wouldn't ever get to see all these pictures. I couldn't really check up on what was going on in Austin and around the world.
Jan
Post a Comment