Or maybe I should say....am I ready for some football???Tuesday night was a first for me....I took place in my first Fantasy Football draft. Now...I am no stranger to football, but this Fantasy Football thing was definielty Greek to me.
It all started Saturday night as we watch the UT/Arkansas State game at the Levy's. Michael and Ford were on the hunt for a 12th "man" to play in their FF draft. After a couple of cocktails I somehow thought that this might be a good idea for me. To tell you the truth my firends, I had NO idea what I was getting into. There are websites, magazines, chat rooms, etc, etc, etc devoted soley to this esoteric past time.
So Tuesday night was the big draft and I have to say it was really fun (for the first out of the four hours). I think I had a really good draft...since I know all of about a hand full of who my players even are. I was the third to pick and got Peyton Manning as my QB...which I hear is a good thing. And, am pleased with most of the rest of my picks as well. But, I really have to thank Tedder, my coach, for helping me through my first Fantasy Football draft.
So, I've got my roster locked in and am ready to go for tonight's NFL opener between the Colts and the Saints. Below are my draft picks...we'll see how we fare.
Round 1 - Peyton Manning (QB IND)
Round 2 - Cedric Benson (RB CHI)
Round 3 - Chad Johnson (WR CIN)
Round 4 - Lee Evans (WR BUF)
Round 5 - Clinton Portis (RB WAS)
Round 6 - LaMont Jordan (RB OAK)
Round 7 - Darrell Jackson (WR SF)
Round 8 - Jeff Garcia (QB TB)
Round 9 - Broncos (DST DEN)
Round 10 - Dallas Clark (TE IND)
Round 11 - Vernand Morency (RB GB)
Round 12 - Stephen Gostkowski (K NE)
Round 13 - Saints (DST NO)
Round 14 - Tony Scheffler (TE DEN)
Round 15 - Terry Glenn (WR DAL)
No comments:
Post a Comment