Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Day In Dallas

Yesterday I had a nice day in Dallas. I slept in and then met Amidie and Lara for lunch at our old usual spot...Chuy's. It was just like the old days when we all worked at Genesis. We all ordered our usuals and dove right into the typical conversations and the bowls of creamy jalapeƱo. Loved seeing both of them and getting the scoop on everything from reality tv...to family life...work...etc.

After lunch I went straight to Bubba's for an iced tea. Bubba's is a great fried chicken place, but their iced tea is my favorite. When I lived in Dallas, I got a Bubba's iced tea EVERY day. Oh how I miss my Bubba's.



After Bubba's I went around the corner to pop into Cotton Island...a great store in Snyder Plaza where you have to fight through the HP and SMUers to find the trendiest shoes, jewels, and clothes. They always have something I can't live without, but I managed to sneak out this time purchase free. I did however, pop next door into J.D.'s Chippery for a hot out of the over chocolate chip cookie.On to the mothership....there is nothing quite like the Neiman's at North Park. Now, I am very grateful that we do have a Neiman's in Austin now, but it just does not compare to NM North Park. I needed make-up, but somehow also ended up in shoes....surprise...surprise!!!! I did splurge on a pair of Tory Burch leopard flats that I couldn't live without. I love them and just know that I'll get my wear out of them.


After eating, drinking, and shopping my way through Dallas...we picked up dinner from Ziziki's and took it over to Rusty and Carly's so I could finally get my hand's on my little niece Perry. She was so darling and I'm already her favorite. :) We had a great evening signing the KA drinking song, watching Mr. B digging and "swimming", and playing our new favorite game..."Pass Perry".

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Makes me long for the old hometown! I'm sure it made Neiman's day when you walked in - was there a balloon drop and a mariachi band when you arrived, welcoming you home to the Mothership?

Unknown said...

The Dallas economy spikes when you come to town...an econic downturn when you leave.