
Made it to Dallas last night. This typically wouldn't sound like much of a feat, but after that drive last night...it was exactly that...a huge feat. What started out as a nice smooth drive turned into a nightmare.
I borrowed Ashley's Suburban so that I could adequately fill up with pumpkins from the Dallas Farmers Market (Austin has nothing that even remotely compares), had the iPod in full gear, and was cruising northbound 35 until I hit Temple. Now Temple is only about 45 minutes north of Austin...so not exactly progress. When I arrived in Temple traffic slowed to a halt. I thought...oh can't be that bad...this too will pass...and hopefully quickly. But no, three hours later...yes three hours....I was still stuck in Temple. ARGH!
I had had plans to meet Shay (who was in town from Florida) and Mallory for dinner at 8 at Luna de Noche....our usual meeting spot. But since my road trip had been spoiled by horrible traffic I began to think I wouldn’t make it.
I finally started moving (problems were merely due to construction) and trucked it home in pretty good time. I pulled into Dallas after about 6 hours on the road and called in my dinner order to Mal…b/c the kitchen was closing at 9 and I wasn’t going to make it. BTW – what kind of restaurant closes at 9?!?!?! But I digress. I walked in to see my old pals who were waiting for me with a plate of enchiladas and a margarita.
We all caught up on each other’s lives and jumped right into our old routine…as usual. Dinner and drinks with Murtle and Lenny was the perfect end to what was quite a long trek into Dallas.
I borrowed Ashley's Suburban so that I could adequately fill up with pumpkins from the Dallas Farmers Market (Austin has nothing that even remotely compares), had the iPod in full gear, and was cruising northbound 35 until I hit Temple. Now Temple is only about 45 minutes north of Austin...so not exactly progress. When I arrived in Temple traffic slowed to a halt. I thought...oh can't be that bad...this too will pass...and hopefully quickly. But no, three hours later...yes three hours....I was still stuck in Temple. ARGH!
I had had plans to meet Shay (who was in town from Florida) and Mallory for dinner at 8 at Luna de Noche....our usual meeting spot. But since my road trip had been spoiled by horrible traffic I began to think I wouldn’t make it.
I finally started moving (problems were merely due to construction) and trucked it home in pretty good time. I pulled into Dallas after about 6 hours on the road and called in my dinner order to Mal…b/c the kitchen was closing at 9 and I wasn’t going to make it. BTW – what kind of restaurant closes at 9?!?!?! But I digress. I walked in to see my old pals who were waiting for me with a plate of enchiladas and a margarita.
We all caught up on each other’s lives and jumped right into our old routine…as usual. Dinner and drinks with Murtle and Lenny was the perfect end to what was quite a long trek into Dallas.
No comments:
Post a Comment