Sunday, December 9, 2007

Coats For Kids


the exhibit hall at Palmer event center

I know I've been slacking on the blog over the past week, but I spent all of last week getting ready for Coats For Kids.

Coats For Kids was my Junior League Placement for the year. For those of you not familiar with how the Junior League works....each member committs to a project or placement each year. I served on the Coats For Kids committee this year for my placement and served as a Public Relations Co-Chair. Coats for Kids is an annual community project that collects and distributes warm winter coats to eligible children and teens in Central Texas.

a very happy recipient with her new coat


We've been planning the event since April and we were thrilled to hold the big event on Satuday. We were worried that Saturday's 90 degree weather might keep people away, but after a long week of coat drives, soating, sizing, etc....we passed out 30,000 coats to kids in need in Austin.

Click here to see some pics from CFK 2007.

No comments: