Wednesday, December 12, 2007

On The Road Again


Mary Miles, Leigh, Elizabeth, Ford, Ashley, and me

Last night was my Mobile Loaves & Fishes truck run where we go out and feed the homeless and working poor. Lizzy and Ashley...two of my regulars joined me, along with Ford (insert jaw drops here), Mary Miles, and "other" Leigh. We had a great time and mangaed to avoid much of the rain. I was thrilled to have Ford out on the trucks. He and I have had many a late night...oh let's call them debates...about the homeless, so I wanted to take him out on a truck and let him meet some of my friends on the streets. He did great and from what I hear wants to go out again. You know you've had a good day "at the office" when Ford says..."this sure makes you appreciate what you have."

After the truck run we met up with Tony, Katie, and Daley for drinks and at Shoal Creek Saloon for Mary Miles birthday.

Thanks for another great truck run gang. Until next month....

No comments: