Monday, December 10, 2007

More my favorite things

Today I'm home sick with a lovely little case of bronchitis. I've spent the morning in bed playing on the computer and surfing the web for Christmas gifts, so I thought I'd do another "My favorite things" entry with some holiday shopping ideas among other random favs.

L.L. Bean Boat and Tote bags
This should come as no surprise to you all that I heart monogrammed LL Bean bags. I have several (ok lots)....in loads of colors....turquoise, pink, hunter green, camo, etc...in several different sizes. My favorite one is actually my camo bag. It's a special one that is lined with rubber, so it's extra durable. I tote all sorts of things around in it. It's a great gift for the hunter in your life or for someone who just likes to look the part (sound familiar?). I got mine monogrammed with my name on it, but LL Bean only monograms the camo bag in black - - - it barely shows up and I think they should do it in hunter's orange...so I recommend just buying the bag online and then having it personalized elsewhere in a brighter color.


Votivo Candles - Christmas Sage flavor
My mom introduced me to these great Votivo candles...she is usually the one who can take credit for introducing me to just about anything great for my home. I love the way they smell....they smell really clean and crisp....not too much. Snd they aren't too Christmasy, so you can actually use them year round. I think they make a great gift exchange present or hostess gift for the holidays. I found a store in town that had them for half off right after Christmas, so I bought them all up to save for this year.


Aquaphor
Ok, probably not the ideal Christmas present, but might be an ok stocking stuffer for that really hard to buy for person. I mean, who doesn't love a great ointment (I love that word....it's so creepy and you can give it great Lizzy like annunciation). I have been using Aquaphor for years.....since way back in college when I went on Accutane for my zits and was all dried up. I use it to this day on my lips and extra dry areas. Great for elbows and feet too. It's perfect for the winter months (assuming you actually live somewhere where it gets cold) for those dry, chapped areas. I like the tub version, but also have the tube for travel and on the go. I do have to warn you though....this little guy is quite addicting...so be prepared to dive into a serious committed relationship with your Aquaphor.

Barefoot Contessa Cookbooks
Even if you aren't a wiz in the kitchen, I think you'll love these cookbooks. Ina Garten is the Barefoot Contessa...at least she is on the Food Network. I love her show. She is so calming and she always throws great little last minute parties with the perfect food...and she never forgets a good cocktail or a glass of wine to pair with her menu du jour. I have all of her cookbooks and it's difficult to pick the one that's my favorite, so I'll just do the one that I use the most....Barefoot Contessa Parties. It's full of east and delicious dishes and drinks that are sure to please at your next party.


The Flexpod Tripod
What, you ask? The Flexpod Tripod from Sahalie.com. I actually just bought one of these myself and I am so excited about it. It's this mini little tripod that you put your camera on and it wraps around tree branches and wine bottles (how apropos). It's perfect for all us picture fanatics. Maybe now I'll get to be in some of my own pics.

Josh Groban's Noel
This is the 2nd reference to this CD on Leigh Leigh Land. I really do love this Christmas album. I cannot take credit for finding it and revealing it to the world since it actually did make Oprah's favorite things show too. Of course, Josh Groban has an amazing voice and that alone should make you buy it, but I really love the list of songs he's chosen....all classic Christmas songs. I just hate it when an artist you love puts out a Christmas album with a bunch of newly written Christmas songs that we've never heard of. None of that here with Josh...all great classic Christmas songs. This cd is sure to put you in the holiday spirit.

That's all for now folks. Stay tuned for future MFT entries.

No comments: