Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

After going strong for some time now, I finally had a weekend with a little R&R. Things have been super busy at work and that has prevented me from blogging as frequently. Oh how I hate when work interferes with my life!!! But, I was able to fit some of my fave things in this weekend to make up for the stressful work week....hanging out with friends, two stepping, shopping, a movie, and sleeping in. Here's a quick recap...

Friday night was the return of Dive Bar Night. You may remember me frequenting Austin several years ago to attend Dive Bar Night. Its hard to imagine how long ago that actually was and how much things have changed since then....lots of marragies, moves, and babies. But, we fall back into old habits when we get to attend the occasional DBN these days. This DBN's theme was "The Campus Tour"...so the gang hit Posse East, Crown & Anchor, and Nasty's. The first stop was a little light on attendees, but the group picked up at stop #2. And, of course Big Mike treated us to a couple of games of Kings. And....poor Renee...on her first DBN...drew the last King. Below are a few pics from DBN #28, but click here to see a few more pics from the night.




Ash, Sara, and I made it to the first two bars of DBN, but then eneded up meeting up with Tedder Vance and some pals for a bday celebration at Dallas Night Club (sometimes a late night stop for the DBN crew). Once at Dallas....we danced the night away....two stepping and a little bumping and grinding cowboy style. Below are a couple of teaser pics, but click here to see all the pics from DNC.






Saturday I slept in and caught up on some DVRed shows. I then met Ash for some lunch and a trip to "The Mother Ship" for some necessities and assorted sundries. I did walk away with a new killer pair of sunnies for my upcoming trip to Mexico. Oh, I don't think I've mentioned that here...yes my friends....I'll be headed to Mexico on Wednesday on a last minute vacation....more on that later. Saturday night, we grabbed some din din at Mandola's and then caught the uber chick flick....27 Dresses...which was darling.

I slept in again this morning and spend the day preparing for my trip this week. I was oh so productive and got most of my packing done. Hooray. I'll fill you in on my trip in a few days. Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to hit La La's off Burnet south of 183. It's xmas year round.