Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Beaver Deceiver


I feel as if I have had several warnings and disclaimers on recent posts, but it seems that things have warranted that recently. This post is no exception. I realize I am 32 years old and that I should handle a story like this with poise and maturity....but I just can't muster it. So, all you thrity-somethings with the sense of humor of a teen-aged boy....enjoy.

I am happy to report that my friend Wally helped in the United States' first installment of a Beaver Deceiver. Yes, that's what I said....a Beaver Deceiver. (insert immature chuckle here)

Evidentially the school where Wally is a Dean, All Saints' Episcopal School in Fort Worth, has a massive beaver problem. (another immature chuckle here) From what I understand, when the school moved onto its current campus there was one lonely beaver....but evidentially....as Wally put it...this beaver must have put out an all call for friends and slowly but surely that were becoming quite a hindrance to the school. The work crafty little water rodents performed seemed to be causing the water on campus to flood.

But, leave it to those private school kids to create a solution to their beaver befuddlement....and so Operation Beaver Deceiver was born. (another immature chuckle here)



Check out their work on the video clips below....I'm sure you'll be as tickled as I was about how many times the NBC reporter must say Beaver Deceiver. (you know the drill)

http://video.nbc5i.com/player/?id=210997
http://cbs11tv.com/video/?id=24277@ktvt.dayport.com

This really is a cool story since it is the first Beaver Deceiver in the US. Congrats to Wally and the kiddos at All Saints on the successfully completing Operation Beaver Deceiver. (just gimme one last chuckle)

Special thank you to my undercover investigative reporter, Ashley, for helping me fact find for this breaking news story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently Wally was a quick learner when it came to the Beaver Deciever. He is such a great example to those kids. :)

Unknown said...

LeighEdgar used to call beavers : "beebers" when she was little. So cute!