I have spent this week eating my way through Austin. I usually don't have the pleasure of dining at such gourmet restaurants, but for some reason this week was different that the usual trip to Maudie's, Santa Rita, or Bountiful. I thought I'd share some of my tasty treats with you today:
Tuesday afternoon I was supposed to go to a luncheon for the Austin Chapter of the Association of Fund Raising Professionals (a real rager, right?!), but my boss and I couldn't find a parking place so we ditched and he suggested Sullivan's. I'm as big a steak fan and the next, but I don't often have a big steak lunch. We treated ourselves to the "business lunch" which is a salad of your choice, a 6 oz. filet, mashed potatoes, and steamed veggies all for $17. Not bad for a Tuesday afternoon. I guarentee it was way better than whatever they served at the AFP Luncheon....which I am guessing was a varietal of chicken, rice pilaf and a vegetable medley (not my first luncheon).
Wednesday over a lunch meeting I had the pleasure of dining at Cafe Josie. Cafe Josie is one of those places I just never think of. The way they describe their food, just doesn't do it for me...."Cuisine of the American Tropics." But, it was delicious and I enjoyed the lunch special of the day which was an ahi tuna with wasabi over black beans and rice. It was yummy.
Wednesday is where things really heat up. I went with Ashley and her sister Erin to have dinner with their other sister's future brother in-law and his wife. (it's not as confusing as it sounds). We met them out at Hudson's On The Bend. I havent't been out there since my little brother was in college at UT and I've forgotten reeally just how fabulous it is. The price will set up back a bit, so maybe going once a decade is about all I can swing on my meager little non-profit salary. But back to the food....we went all out this night. I started witha pheasant tortilla soup which was delisch. For a salad I had the baked encrusted avocado. Holy cow....I drool just thinking about it. For my entree, I went with the smoked Elk backstrap with ancho chile mashed potatoes. Sooooo good. Definiely not your typical Wednesday night.
Last night, I enjoyed a happy hour filled tapas and bubbly at Fino. My work gathered several of its volunteers to toast them for their hard work at Mobile Loaves & Fishes. Thursday night at Fino is half price sparkling wine by the glass....which is really something I shouldn't know about. Technically I think it means you drink the same amount for half the price, but I think it means you drink double and spend what you usually spend. Either way I love me some bubbly.
And, I'm off tonight for dinner at Vivo. One of my favortie mexican restaurants in Austin. I heart their queso and their margos are dangerously strong. It'll be a nice (hopefully cheaper) way to round out the week. After what I've eaten this week, I think next week I'll have to fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment