
It's official (even though I'm talking about it 2 days too late), on Saturday, February 2, 2008 Punxsutawney Phil indeed saw his shadow...so six more weeks of winter for us all. As reported on Groundhog.org:
Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/08 at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob:
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
On Gobbler's Knob on this fabulous Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2008Punxsutawney Phil, the Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators, Rose to the call of President Bill Cooper and greeted his handlers, Ben Hughes and John Griffiths.
After casting a weather eye toward thousands of his faithful followers, Phil consulted with President Cooper and directed him to the appropriate scroll, which proclaimed:
"As I look around me, a bright sky I see, and a shadow beside me.
Six more weeks of winter it will be!"
Since I'm not quite sure us Texans actually ever get a winter....so I'm clear on how it can actually continue....as I write this we are "enjoying" a balmy 80 degrees outside (I say that with great umbrage). Yes friends of Leigh Leigh Land, I am one of those....one of those people who actually prefer winter to summer, cozy to sweating, and boots to flip flops. I am thrilled that we have six more weeks of winter although around here that might mean a 40 degree day every 10 days or so. We still haven't had that one major cold snap though. I predict it to be late February or even early March this year. Hopefully our dear old Phil will be correct and I'll get to stay sweat free for a few more weeks.
Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/08 at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob:
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
On Gobbler's Knob on this fabulous Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2008Punxsutawney Phil, the Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators, Rose to the call of President Bill Cooper and greeted his handlers, Ben Hughes and John Griffiths.
After casting a weather eye toward thousands of his faithful followers, Phil consulted with President Cooper and directed him to the appropriate scroll, which proclaimed:
"As I look around me, a bright sky I see, and a shadow beside me.
Six more weeks of winter it will be!"
Since I'm not quite sure us Texans actually ever get a winter....so I'm clear on how it can actually continue....as I write this we are "enjoying" a balmy 80 degrees outside (I say that with great umbrage). Yes friends of Leigh Leigh Land, I am one of those....one of those people who actually prefer winter to summer, cozy to sweating, and boots to flip flops. I am thrilled that we have six more weeks of winter although around here that might mean a 40 degree day every 10 days or so. We still haven't had that one major cold snap though. I predict it to be late February or even early March this year. Hopefully our dear old Phil will be correct and I'll get to stay sweat free for a few more weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment