Friday, February 8, 2008

License Plates Debates

It seems I have been in a braggadocios mood about the city in which I now call home, but you all know how I feel about my dear old state of Texas. I also have what I would call strong opinions on state license plates. As most of you know, I have been a card carying Personalized Plate fan since I got my drivers license many moons ago. I have since upgraded to "The State of The Arts" plate that is my all time fave license plate. Even Willie Nelson thinks so.


All in all Texas has pretty good plates. It really grates my nerves to see the ugly ass plates that other states seem to have. Take New Mexico for example...what were they thinking. That plate ruins a nice car. You know what I mean....you've seen it....a nice luxury shiny black car that pulls up with this stinking yellow plate. Ugh! But, I digress...


Texas is having to add a new license plate design and for the first time, Texans will help choose the plate design by voting for their favorite on the Internet. The traditional Texas plates only have six digits and it seems they are running out of those number/letter combinations. So, we are adding a 7th digit. You can vote for your favorite design on the TXDOT website....and as Aimee says "don't vote for the ugly ones." You can certainly vote for which one you want, but I hope you'll pick the "Traditional Texas" one. Voting ends in just a few days...at noon CST tomorrow...Feb 11th...so get your votes in now.

No comments: